Pip home assessment.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pip home assessment.

Postby Katscott » Fri May 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi all.

I suffer with fibro, cfs, depression, anxiety,under active thyroid and ibs.

I sent my pip off 1 week ago and just got a phone call and iv now got my home assessment on Monday. Is that quick? Is it a good sign or bad?

My anxiety as now gone from manageable to off the charts!

Scared and don't know what to expect.
Katscott
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pip home assessment.

Postby Natalie82 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:09 pm

I sent my pip form off a few days ago.
Like you I have fm, ibs, depression, anxiety, underactive thyroid & possible cfs. I'm being referred for tmd.
Plus I have type 1 diabetes and psoriasis.

Did you request they visit your home?
Natalie82
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Fri May 20, 2016 11:48 pm

wow thats quick it took me 6 weeks to get mine and then they sent out and appointment for me to go into Aberdeen i rang and they looked at my reasons i had requested a home visit and they came out a week later, i got my decision last weekend and it was a no so i have requested a mandatory reconsideration and am prepared to have to go to appeal i have hypermobility syndrome and fibro and my stress levels are awesome lol . i have been signed off work since january and am trying to return on an extended phased return. make sure you tell them what the worst days are like and watch what your doing as they will be assessing how you move and react to them, the lass i got was lovely but the person doing the assessment doesn't make the judgment they put in a report and someone in an office decides. play to your worst days not your good ones and good luck
galio
UKFM Member

Postby steffard » Sat May 21, 2016 12:36 am

Just don't do any of the things they ask, like raise your hands above your head (if your able to) don't have a cuppa tea or coffee whilst they are there, refuse to get in the floor because you won't be able to get up etc, they used all this against me for my claim.
steffard
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia