At the end of my tether

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

At the end of my tether

Postby trishy » Wed May 25, 2016 9:29 pm

I also fed up and feel like giving up the ghost. Every part of my body hurts, bones flesh skin. Sleep evades me and my depression and mood is at rock bottom. Because I have agoraphobia and have to be coaxed and double up on nerve tabs to enable me to get to docs, I find it really hard to express myself to the doctor and always become very tearful and nervous. I just feel that he thinks that because I am anxious and depressed that I am exaggerating the pain. I always feel fobbed off and no further forward. The painkillers I have, tramadol, paracetamol and amitryplene are barely touching the pain, I am so fed up and now am questioning my own sanity. Could all this pain be imagined. I just don't know what to do. I truly am fed up with everything.
trishy
UKFM Member

Re: At the end of my tether

Postby Hellyn » Wed May 25, 2016 11:27 pm

I empathise fully. I don't know where you live but is there a pain clinic near you?
Also can you switch GP's and find one who is sympathetic?
Sounds like the tramadol and amitriptyline are not for you and your meds could be managed better.
They are usually standards meds GP's go for as they don't understand fibro.
It takes a lot of hit and miss but one I have found worked and helps with the anxiety it pregabalin I'm on 600mg a day and it hits both of my issues, But it may not be for you but it is the recommended med for fibro.

Also some counselling support, expert patient programmes still run in areas, I know Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital pain clinic run a patient programme for fibromites....like the expert programme but for us.

A lot of people swear by hydrotherapy and warm baths, I know a bath works for me.

I'm sorry your having a rough time, take control and ask for things. Also if you dont have them Occupational health should supply you with aids to help you at home.

bless
Hellyn.x
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby trishy » Thu May 26, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks Hellyn, yes we do have pain clinic cvcvlose by but doctor won't refer me. I have heard lots of good reports on pregablin and will ask my gp about prescribing it, not that I hold out much hope. As for a warm bath how I would love one unfortunately had a wet room for years so can't even try to relax in a bath. Am at docs next week and the way I feel he will be getting it both barrels. Thanks again Hellyn.
trishy
UKFM Member

Postby divingforPearls » Fri May 27, 2016 4:41 am

It sounds like an exhausting fight with your doctor. That's why I hardly see them any more. That, and being sensitive to the side effects of their drugs, which didn't help anyway. I see a therapist instead who I can rage to for an hour an get things off my chest. Rest and peace and try to find 5 -or more!-minutes of meditation in all this agony. It's 4am and I can't sleep - literally half an hour of painting yesterday has sent the pain over the edge. That, and too much washing up due to my teenager being in exam mode! bagger and other swear words! Yes, end of my tether too. But I've been in this pain before, and it was OK after weeks of taking it easier. I'm going to focus on what I CAN do, and try try TRY not to dwell on those things I can't do! That's why I come on here; it is one thing I can do... The really really bad times will pass if you go easy on yourself. Dealing with this pain is like a full time job. Well done for coping with it. Well done well done well done, enjoy the scenery.
divingforPearls
UKFM Member

Postby trishy » Fri May 27, 2016 8:54 am

I must have just missed you divingforPearls, I switched off at 3am and up again at 6am inbetween getting up through night to reassure my father he is not lost. Its quite hard trying to get 5 minutes R&R when I have my father with me who is deteriorating fast with Alzheimer's. I would try a therapist but I have social anxiety and agoraphobia and hate venturing out and unfortunately they will not do home visits. I try to look on the bright side but to be honest between my own pain and anxiety's and my father's spiralling condition, the bright things in my life are very few and far between. I apologise I am feeling sorry for myself now. I suppose it could be much worse, I should be thankful for small mercy's. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel like I had gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
trishy
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Fri May 27, 2016 1:17 pm

trishy wrote:I also fed up and feel like giving up the ghost. Every part of my body hurts, bones flesh skin. Sleep evades me and my depression and mood is at rock bottom. Because I have agoraphobia and have to be coaxed and double up on nerve tabs to enable me to get to docs, I find it really hard to express myself to the doctor and always become very tearful and nervous. I just feel that he thinks that because I am anxious and depressed that I am exaggerating the pain. I always feel fobbed off and no further forward. The painkillers I have, tramadol, paracetamol and amitryplene are barely touching the pain, I am so fed up and now am questioning my own sanity. Could all this pain be imagined. I just don't know what to do. I truly am fed up with everything.

My heart goes out to you .i too am agoraphobic and it's now 8 months since I last left home.i haven't been to my dr surgery for over 3 years.i am in constant pain day in day out I also feel what's the point? Regularly :cry: I'm 57 and my life ended 4 years ago when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.i also suffer panic attacks severe anxiety and clinical depression. All I can say is your not alone.
Sending hugs xxxxxxx
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby trishy » Fri May 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Patsb do you have contact with any mental health people for your condition. I have suffered mental health issues for many years. Long time ago had cpn's and some councilling for my depressions, panic attacks and phobias but for all their good intentions, nothing changed. Now I seem to be forgotten about,as they say they don't do home visits. Because of this I have no paperwork for pips and esa claim, I am worried sick they will say I am fit to go out into the work place. The thought petrifies me Everything is really getting too much for me and in all honesty I don't know how much lower I can fall. Its a vicious circle, its a struggle trying to force myself to go to docs appointments, I have to build myself up for weeks and when I do manage I am drugged up to the eyeballs on meds and totally distressed and panic stricken. I cannot go out alone or on public transport. I also have social phobia, I cannot cope with strangers, public transport or public places, even speaking on my home phone panics me. I know i am feeling ng sorry for myself, looking on this forum there are people much worse than me and my heart goes out to them. X
trishy
UKFM Member

Postby boxesgirl33 » Sun May 29, 2016 6:19 am

G very v
T G
boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:58 pm

trishy wrote:Patsb do you have contact with any mental health people for your condition. I have suffered mental health issues for many years. Long time ago had cpn's and some councilling for my depressions, panic attacks and phobias but for all their good intentions, nothing changed. Now I seem to be forgotten about,as they say they don't do home visits. Because of this I have no paperwork for pips and esa claim, I am worried sick they will say I am fit to go out into the work place. The thought petrifies me Everything is really getting too much for me and in all honesty I don't know how much lower I can fall. Its a vicious circle, its a struggle trying to force myself to go to docs appointments, I have to build myself up for weeks and when I do manage I am drugged up to the eyeballs on meds and totally distressed and panic stricken. I cannot go out alone or on public transport. I also have social phobia, I cannot cope with strangers, public transport or public places, even speaking on my home phone panics me. I know i am feeling ng sorry for myself, looking on this forum there are people much worse than me and my heart goes out to them. X

Yes I've had all the usual counselling over the years and had it under control until fibro struck :twisted: I'm afraid it's got me beat :-|
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby trishy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:32 pm

I know the feeling didn't think my mental health could have got much worse but fibro sure plays havoc with the mind as much as it batters the body. Stay strong. X
trishy
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia