.....Wot?????

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

.....Wot?????

Postby crazy_cat_lady » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:26 pm

well having been waiting for this since january, todays appointment with neurologist ( gp refered due to constant all over nerve/muscle twitching) was a complete waste of time :( his opinion , after sticking me with a pin and hitting me with a hammer, is that all my symptoms can be put down to stress and that i should consider seeing a psyciatrist!!!!!WTF? needless to say ill be going back to my gp.

while im well aware that stress is playing a major part in exasibating my symptoms, it isnt the cause - not when some of the symptoms have been with me since childhood( or have i been stressed for 42 years???) or started before the stress factors became a problem. is a pyciatrist going to be able to wave his magic couch and all my pain will dissapear??
tired all the time!! zzzzzzzzz
crazy_cat_lady
UKFM Member

Re: .....Wot?????

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:21 am

You might find your GP will take on board the consultants finding and refer you to a psychiatrist.

It will only be when the psychiatrist believes that symptoms are not that of stress and writes back to your GP is when you'll go back round the system :roll:

Im not saying this is 100% and I hope your GP is open minded and listens to you but I know this is what has happened to many fellow fibros I have spoken to over many years.

Trouble is fibro mimicks that of many illnesses including stress and unfortunately many go round the system until believed (ruled out so to speak)

Good luck and I hope you manage to get some where with your GP and the best person to be refered to is a Rhuematologist.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: .....Wot?????

Postby crazy_cat_lady » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:12 am

ive actually managed to get an appointment with my gp for this afternoon (they can be good like that up here! lol) so will go in have have a good chat with her. she put me on sertraline a couple of months ago for mild depression, as earlier this year, symptoms were getting me down, waiting for yesterdays appintment, and she also knew of the strains our family were going through, as my father in law was in the final stages of cancer (past away mid april)

i know my mental state will be contributing to my physical health, but its the physical health that has lead to the mental state! catch 22.

the stress factors in my life, (one was a real doozy!! and not something ill air on here) are not really a major issue anymore, the neuro guy did seem to latch onto the fact that i was divorced, but since that has now been 8 years, and my ex and i have a better relationship as friends now than when we were married, its not something that gives me stress.

im on a waiting list for the local yoga class and am considering booking a regular massage session, so im being proactive about trying things that may help, and maybe psyciatrist can offer other options/ideas so im not dismissing it entirely, was just so peed off at the consultants attitude yesterday.
tired all the time!! zzzzzzzzz
crazy_cat_lady
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia