What are your pain management tips for travelling?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What are your pain management tips for travelling?

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Good afternoon :-)

Summer is here (or supposed to be!) and I know lots of you are looking forward to your holidays. What are your pain management tips for travelling?

Thanks
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: What are your pain management tips for travelling?

Postby gammyem » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Doing a long haul trip in July with a 2 hour stop over and would appreciate any tips for the flight.
gammyem
UKFM Newbie

Postby soupdragon32 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi Claire
You don't say how you'll be travelling, but a gruelling journey from West Wales to Kalamata in southern Greece, via Athens needed some careful planning. I made up an airline proof bottle of rubbing ointment, containing sesame oil with equal amounts of lavender and peppermint essential oils (all organic) - great for pain relief and inflammation. I used this during the 4 hour car journey to Gatwick airport, during the 3 hour flight to Athens and during the 2 and a half hour bus journey to Kalamata. Thankfully the journey was interspersed with breaks where I was able to walk about and I also had over the counter pain relief, which I generally try not to take, but knew I would need something else. It basically enabled me to travel in relative comfort - without it I would have been in incredible pain and discomfort. Once at my destination, within 2 days, in the heat and dry, my Fibromyalgia and Chronic fatigue symptoms virtually disappeared (yes, I'd love to live out there permanently! :lol: ) My return journey was painless due to the cumulative effects of the heat, so I was totally comfortable without the need for any pain relief at all. Good luck
soupdragon32
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks, some great tips so far :-D

I'm looking for any tips for long or short journeys.

Thanks
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia