Coming out in sympathy....??!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Coming out in sympathy....??!!

Postby Liamo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:19 am

Hi everyone. Hope your days are well. My question is this....
Does anyone find that they come out in sympathy for loved ones by experiencing the same pain that they do?
I have had excruciating pain in my right hip for over 2 years. In fact it was this that lead to finally being diagnosed late last year. At the same time my mum has been waiting to get a hip replacement. This happened yesterday and since then I've had no pain at all inside my hip. In fact my legs are moving almost normally again with full stride and NO pain. Is this real? Can I simply have been sympathising with my mum??
Has anyone else experienced something similar??
Liamo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Coming out in sympathy....??!!

Postby helen virgo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:48 pm

That's interesting. I haven't experienced this myself but I do believe it can happen if the person is a close relative or friend. I'm glad you have some relief, enjoy it[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Re: Coming out in sympathy....??!!

Postby galio » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:44 am

i know that all to well , have been diagnosed for 2 years now but this week my husband had bad sciatica and since then my bakc has been troubling me along with my shoulder and hes waiting for an op on his shoulder this si why i think he has the back problem trying to subconsciously protect the shoulder. sio u have made an effort not to mention this to him or any one else.
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia