over the counter nausea relief

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

over the counter nausea relief

Postby animeemo3 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:08 am

Does anybody know of anywhere online that I can speak to a pharmacist and get a one off prescription or something otc that does the same? I've been suffering with some medication induced nausea for a little while and I spoke to my gp today and she agreed to prescribe a 7 day course of anti nausea tablets to see I can get some relief and hopefully break the nausea cycle. I didn't realise until I got home that she hadn't put the anti nausea tablets on my prescription (this is becoming a habit of hers) and she is only in surgery two days a week and today was the second of this week. I'm not able to get out and go back to the doctors, I am still suffering from going out last week and I'm even worse now because I had to go out again today. Anybody have any ideas? The only otc things I can find are made for either migraines (which I don't have and am not sure if the ingredients will affect the medications I am currently taking) or motion sickness
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: over the counter nausea relief

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:08 am

I would suggest you either call your GP surgery and ask if you can speak with another doctor available so they can prescribe the tablets (my surgery then send on the prescription to my chemist) Or ask the pharmacist at any chemist for the best otc option.

I would avoid buying anything online as you just don't know what is real and whats fake
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: over the counter nausea relief

Postby Christa » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi, I take ginger capsules every day. I use the ones from Higher Nature, they work for me. Another thing to try is peppermint oil, this can be bought in capsules too. Hope this helps. Chris
Christa
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia