How to make positive lifestyle changes

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How to make positive lifestyle changes

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Good afternoon :)

I'm feeling a bit more optimistic this week, this is my latest blog post. The first on my self-hosted site :)

http://clairescomfycorner.com/fibromyal ... e-changes/

Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: How to make positive lifestyle changes

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:58 am

Great blog Claire. So true too. I do believe that we get bogged down with life sometimes. It's a fast moving world, and people don't seem to take time to stop and smell the roses. Too busy for this, or not enough time for that! And you know, this way of living doesn't seem to make folk happy. At least they don't appear happy. Even school children ( high school) look miserable. Dressed in designer wear for school. The latest mobile phones. The latest everything actually. And still they look miserable.
To me, you can be financially well off, live in a big house, fancy car - all these things that some people flog themselves to death for, to keep up a lifestyle which does not seem to give them happiness.
A change of mindset and attitude can make all the difference. We have a gift of life! Yes, it can be difficult at times ( understatement :-) ), but difficulties can be overcome, or they pass. Whether it's good, bad or ugly - nothing stays the same. I tend to find it's how I perceice a situation, that will dictate how it impacts on me.

Take time, to smell the roses folks. Take time for yourself. Do things that you want to do. This is your life! And while we have to do things for others, in the role of mum, wife, partner, worker - whatever - we too, have needs.
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby tazzajay 1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 am

:clap: :clap: :blowkiss:
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:19 am

Thank you :-D

That is so true Lindy, we have to look after ourselves, we only get one life. At the moment I'm taking time out to smell the roses, I hope I become stronger and can make those changes for the better. I'm learning to slow down and take care of myself before I take care of others.

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia