Self-care

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Self-care

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:08 pm

Self-care is so important when you are battling Fibromyalgia.

Today's blog post is about self-care: http://clairescomfycorner.com/subscript ... scription/

What do you do to take care of yourself?

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Self-care

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:59 pm

I take time out , just for me, to do whatever I please - or do nothing. But it's my time to do exactly as I wish.
Long, relaxing baths.
Crochet
Reading
Pampering sessions-nothing fancy, just simple things such as a nice moisturizing lotion, paint my fingernails ( Id stopped doing that as my fingers had developed bumps on the joints and I thought my hands were ugly), paint my toenails!
Put my make up on!
Wear jewellry!
Have my hair cut and coloured.

Through life, especially when children come along, we can forget who we are, and just become mum. At least I know I did. We're always rushing around doing things around the house, for/with children, work. Id lost myself. When my kids left home, I slowly started to find myself again, then this b*gger called fibro reared its head - although I didnt know what it was at that time - and Ilost myself again. No more! Lindy is here :-)
Little things, can become big things.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia