Fatigue

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fatigue

Postby JoJoG » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:57 am

Hi all. I was diagnosed with FM ten years ago and have been on the standard mix of tramadol, amitriptyline and pregabalin.

I have always managed to work with the normal peaks and troughs of sickness skirting close to the wire at times with NHS HR rules/hearings etc.

In the last five years I have had time off to care for my husband ( GP signed me off with stress) as he had a breakdown after losing his mum and more recently he had a second heart attack and multiple pulmonary embolisms. On both occasions I was put through the wringer at work. More recently after time off to care after my husbands heart attack I as warned that I would be taken to a hearing on my return if I went off sick again.

Last week I finally gave in and broke down and was signed off by my GP with FM and also antidepressants. These made me very ill and I spent a week in bed with the effects and have come off them. More scarily though is the absolute lack of energy and fatigue I now feel. This has been usually controlled with pacing and thus work has been feasible but this episode has lasted two weeks now and doesn't seem to be improving.

I see the GP on the 29th to review things but am dreading return to work as they will start capability proceedings. My husband is being forced to medically retire as they worked him into the ground thus the heart attack ( we work in the same department) and so we are already wobbly as we are losing his salary soon.

I am so worried that this latest episode will remain and that I will now struggle to work myself. I managed to take cats to vet the other day but was wrecked afterwards. My mood is better than it was but two weeks ago I was very depressed and suicidal. I am working on this. has anyone else has the utter enveloping fatigue, inability to move and any issues with work?

I am at my wits end as to how to manage all of this and us keep our home and life intact. We have a house to clear that his mother left us but neither of us are fit enough to do it, and are sat in a mortgaged property -common sense is clear the other place and move in but its a huge task that's overwhelming particularly as the family were hoarders.

Add to that my name being on a mortgage with my ex which I haven't lived in for 9 years and him threatening to dump it on me when he hits 65 as its in negative equity thus threatening the owned property we have if my husband dies ---my life is a mess and I am so lost. Any advice would be appreciated as I don't know where to turn right now?

Thanks.
JoJoG
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fatigue

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi JoJo

Sounds as if you've had a rough time of it the last few years. Stress by itself, can cause horrendous fatigue, nevermind having fibro.
Your health is the most important thing - for everything else, there is always a solution. Sometimes, its not the quick fix we would like, but there's always a way to sort things. When we feel overwhelmed, its hard to think of what to do and it just feels like a black hole, doesn't it.
I would go to CAB, and seek some guidance, and take it from there. Try and deal with 1 issue at a time, as its impossible to tackle everything at once. Perhaps life won't seem as overwhelming when you are taking action regarding the things that are stressing you out. Its thinking about it all that is stressing you to the hilt.
If you dont feel well enough to return to work, then certainly speak to your GP.
There are companies that will clear houses for you - that would be another box ticked.
Just breathe, and make a plan of action. One step/day, at a time JoJo :-)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia