Burning

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning

Postby Feathers77 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:57 pm

I am contacting my GP tomorrow , I was diagnosed 9 years ago and the flares are happening more these days, I get a burning , real despair in my middle where the points are and they are really painful , so depression anxiety kicks in and for the duration of the flare until it eases a bit I just feel so awful , deep depression. I do feel that I need more meds as the 20 mg is not enough now things have progressed more . The burning really gets to me .
I know this is all fibro , but happening more is just horrible , it comes on so quickly , and any method to prevent it happening just doesn't help . It's that feeling of desperation that is soul destroying . Yet days before , though very limited with life I have been happy .
Thanks for listening
Feathers77
UKFM Newbie

Re: Burning

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:50 am

Hi Feathers,

It's an awful feeling! The burning in my shoulders used to wake me from a sleep.
I find epsom salts baths, in the evening, very helpful. I don't know what medication you take, I am currently taking Gabapentin 300mgs x 3 daily, and Tramadol 100mgs x 3 ( sometimes 4) daily. I'm not completely pain free, but 100 times better than I was. Without the meds I can barely move and the pain is horrific all over.
I hope you manage to get something to help you.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: Burning

Postby Charmed » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi Feathers,

You took the words right out of my mouth. The flares are more here than away, which makes me think Fibro is progressive. Normally I'm almost human in Summer, but not this year. I've just upped my Citalopram from 20mg to 30mg, thinking of increasing it to 40mg in a couple of weeks. It is soul destroying, the burning, the pain and the depression that eventually sets in. It's horrible when you feel so low, but you'll get through it and the flare will end.

:flowers: Gentle hugs xx
Charmed
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia