In pain - difficult walking

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

In pain - difficult walking

Postby reb1981 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:17 am

Hello, I am in a lot of pain, my hips, ankles, wrists, knees and back. My muscles are cramping and I am so stiff. I take 900mg Gabapentin, co-codamol and naproxen. I don't know what to do. I also have Bipolar and being in so much pain is taking it's toll on my mood. I work 35 hours in an office and I am really struggling sitting and using my hands. I was thinking of trying to apply for the mobility benefit of PIP as I am really struggling to get about. Can any one tell me how I go about applying please? Does any one have any advice on managing my pain?
reb1981
UKFM Member

Re: In pain - difficult walking

Postby Northernlass » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:20 am

Hi Reb1981, you need to call 08009172222 to complete the first form over the phone, and they will send you out a second form pip2 where you can tell them how your condition affects you. Also, if you go on www.gov.uk/pip/howtoclaim, the website will give you more information on how to apply.

In terms of managing your pain, you may need to go back to your GP to change your medication, as I have heard that pain medication can lose their effect over time. I have also heard that hydrotherapy pools can help ease muscle pain. Trying not to over do things is also advisable.
Northernlass
UKFM Newbie

Postby Leighqt » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Completely with you original poster Fibro is bad enough without something like Bi polar then it really really sucks
Leighqt
UKFM Newbie

Postby Andyp » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello Reb

I don't know what to advise regarding your pain - I also take Gabapentin and Naproxen, together with paracetamol for my pain, and Duloxetine for long term depression.

Regarding your PiP form, when I had to complete the form recently I went to Citizens Advice who helped me complete this.
Andyp
UKFM Member

Postby reb1981 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:43 am

Thank you I already get PIP but not the mobility side do I still have to call them?
reb1981
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:23 pm

reb1981 wrote:Thank you I already get PIP but not the mobility side do I still have to call them?

if you wish to go for the mobility side of the PIP componant then you call call up and ask.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia