Shocked and stunned!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shocked and stunned!

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:42 am

I had my PiP assessment last week, on the 16th. I am shocked and stunned, as I received a txt message to my mobile yesterday morning, informing me " they had decided that I qualify for PiP. A letter will follow, informing me what I have been awarded.
After reading and hearing about other people's negative experiences, I didn't hold out much hope, so, "shocked" was an understatement! And to get a response so quickly!
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: Shocked and stunned!

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:51 am

It is great when some good news comes along to brighten your day. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:31 pm

It sure does Dotty :-) and the sun is shining here also. Lovely day.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby NicolaT » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Well done. It's such a stressful time going through this whole PIP thing. I was awarded DLA a few years ago INDEFINITELY, so it has been an awful few weeks with the build up to the Big Day! For some reason my body still hasn't returned to normal crappiness yet, it's still in 'falling asleep at the drop of a hat mode' because of the stress I put myself through!

I too had my assessment on the 16th, but received a text the next day saying that they have all the information needed for a decision now and that a letter will be posted to me. I still haven heard anything.....Scary!!

It's so nice to hear a good story for once! Well done again. Did they say if your award was for a certain length of time before you have to be re-assessed at all??
NicolaT
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ali2003 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Well done, I also received the same message within a week. The following week I received my first payment and this was quickly followed by my award letter.
I was also concerned having read all the negative comments from other fibro Warriors so didn't expect such a quick or positive response. I hope you soon find out how they have awarded your PIP and that it works well for you.
Ali2003
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:12 pm

well done, I failed with my application and awaiting an appeal date, Im hoping (sounds daft) that I am on a thingy time (god I hate when the words wont come) and they see me when Im bad as the day the woman came to do my assessment i was on a good day and just couldnt pretend to be really bad but they just dont understand how bad it is on a bad day! I will do everything I can to set off a flare before my appeal and hope it helps me win it. goodluck to every one else trying and for those that are not go for it if you need it.
galio
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 pm

:woot: :welldone: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Good Luck Galio :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Nicola - I haven't received the letter yet, so I have no clue what I have been awarded and for how long. Will update when I receive it.

Gaia- good luck with your appeal. Also, state to them that the nature of fibromyalgia, means that no 2 days are the same, therefore, your needs fluctuate- BUT - when in a flare up that can happen with no warning, and can last however long it lasts, you require support to do all activities of daily living, and your mobility is greatly reduced.
Will keep everything crossed for you.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi Gals,

I received a lovely surprise this morning - backdated payment in my bank account.
I have been awarded standard rate for help with daily living activities, but nothing for mobility - fair enough, for now, as I get around with my crutch.
Been awarded it for a period of 3 years.
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Lindy,

You can always put in for a mobility reconsideration? i found out that with DLA when you put in for a reconsideration then EVERYTHING was looked at but for the PIP you can ask for either one or other.

Another thing is IF your single, now you have been awarded standerd care you maybe eligable for the disability premium.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:33 am

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for that info.

I think due to my job, where I have to drive around, and go in and out of peoples work places, may have resulted in that decision. I can get around with my crutch, and of course the meds - without which, I can't move for the pain. I did explain that to the assessor.
I'll look into it, Lisa.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:06 pm

thank you all for the good luck wishes
im still waiting for a date for my appeal but I do have help i have a lovely lady from aberdeen action on disability she has helped my son win his dla appeal and then this year his pip appeal, i was jsut struggling along but my son had hurt his ankle so I took him to her office for a meeting before his appeal and she told me it was time for me to claim (she has known us for a number of years from a support group we went to at their premises) as she could see me deteriorating. I applied for pip in February!! whats another few months waiting now!
galio
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:37 am

Galio,

Good Luck with your appeal, when you get a date through.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia