Taking time to relax is important

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Taking time to relax is important

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Taking time to relax is important. This week I've taken that time to recharge and look after my body, mind and spirit.

Today's blog post about living with fibro and taking time to relax:

http://clairescomfycorner.com/fibromyal ... ime-relax/

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Taking time to relax is important

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Fantastic blog post Claire xx And something that I think an awful lot of us forget about doing when we're caught up in the throes of day~to~day life.

There are so many things that can be done to help us wind down, even a little, and enjoy a bit of time for ourselves. Over the years I've foumd that quite a few people feel guilty about even taking a few minutes out of the day for themselves, and having chronic pawleynesses in the mix seems to compound it even further. Then, when we reach that point where we realise that it's more than OK, in fact it's absolutely necessary to do this for ourselves, as it's been so long since we've done it, it's like having to relearn how to do it again and find the things that help take us to that snuggly place we used to find so enjoyable.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:45 pm

Thank you :-)

It definitely is more than ok to take a moment to relax, breathe and enjoy the moment.

Have a lovely relaxing evening :-)

Hugs
Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:36 pm

How right you are Claire. Isn't it strange, that we always make time for other people, and other things, but don't make the same effort for ourselves.
Over the last year, I have made an effort and increased my chill time. I love to crochet, and without a word of a lie, on my days off, I have crocheted all day. I've left dishes in the sink, shut the cupboard door on the overflowing laundry basket, chose to ignore the dog and cat hair on the stair carpet. Stuff it! All these things can wait. I used to be so obsessed making sure all that stuff was done before I could relax - not anymore.
Even a wee 10 mins sitting in the sun with a cuppa is good for the soul.
One of my colleagues gave me a book today that she has ordered in for our students - Mindfulness for Health - a practical guide to relieving pain, reducing stress and restoring wellbeing. Both authors have chronic pain issues- Vidyamala Burch is the founder of Breathworks, which is an internationally respected mindfulness organisation. And there's a free cd of guided meditation.

Can't hurt to try it. I do practice Mindfulness to get myself back in the moment if I feel life is moving too quickly and stressing me - so hopefully this will be helpful.

(I always start of by intending to post " a wee note" then end up typing as if people are sitting next to me having a blether lol)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:59 pm

I'm definitely going to check out that book Lindy, I've been trying to practise mindfulness to help with my stress and anxiety - to focus on the present and not worry about the past or future. I'm a work in progress :-)

Hugs
Claire
x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia