Humidity

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Humidity

Postby Charlie73 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:29 am

I have heard it said that a warmer climate is beneficial for people with fibro and cfs, but these last few days of heat and humidity have knocked me back massively. I have no energy, and I can't seem to wake up. Is anyone else struggling with the humidity?
Charlie73
UKFM Member

Re: Humidity

Postby scoke » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:55 am

Humidity is not good for FMS sufferers. Somehow it seems to counteract the benefits of the heat - I have been lacking energy in the hot, humid weather and have had to sit or lie with a fan trained on me. Of course, the fan's draught makes my joints ache so I feel miserable in this weather. Excessive sweating is so uncomfortable and embarrassing and causing cramps too.
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby Charlie73 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:01 pm

I feel so bad I just want to cry. I'm so pleased to have this group, especially in the small hours when everything feels so much worse.
Charlie73
UKFM Member

Postby Perfumeflower » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:01 pm

HI all :-)

The pitfalls of humid weather - :evil:

I am really struggling :(

It's not enough to cope with the fibrofog,but now this heat has frazzled my brain. No energy. I can't think straight.Too hot to cook oven food.You might as well have hot showers because that's what it feels like when you have a cold shower. And you still sweat after getting out :crazy:

No point in having ice in your drinks cos it melts as soon as it hits your drink.

My poor cats don't know whats hit them as they are restless and trying to find cool spots anywhere they can to fall asleep. One of my lovely cats is very old and he is constantly coming in and out of the cat flap as he can't decide if it's too hot inside or outside. :cat1:

Oh the joys of summer ;-)

Laters x

Perfumeflower x
Perfumeflower
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:02 pm

I cannot stand the heat and humidity, it completely drains me and i hate it. Since the fibro i can't regulate my temperature properly, in the Summer I'm hot to the point of not being able to function and in the Winter i am so cold that my hands and feet change colour and i have to put my freezing cold feet on my poor long suffering boyfriend because if i put them on a hot water bottle and the temperature changes to quickly then i am in so much pain.
I've always had a low body temperature (lower end of normal, not dangerously so) so when the temperature goes up, i get to hot, when it goes down, i get to cold, but this is just off the charts now. It's ridiculous and i hate it.
You all have my sympathies! xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia