What are you doing this Bank Holiday weekend?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What are you doing this Bank Holiday weekend?

Postby Perfumeflower » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi All..

Well,it's another bank holiday weekend and people will be going out or doing various things to while away the hours..however,I am sure there are a lot of Fibro warriors who won't have the energy to do much of anything in this god awful heat.

Me and the hubby have been invited to a BBQ this afternoon,my brain wants to go,but my body doesn't want to move. I have no energy whatsoever. :(

Maybe my brain should go on it's own :lol: :crazy:

Seriously tho I am trying to muster up the energy to go cos no doubt it will do me good to get out of the house this weekend.

Has anyone else got plans to go somewhere this bank holiday but your body is saying no thank you!? :nono:

Laters

Perfumeflower x
Perfumeflower
UKFM Member

Re: What are you doing this Bank Holiday weekend?

Postby jennyd67 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:51 pm

I have been invited to a christening then a do at a local golf club.Ireally want to go and the thought of sitting at home all weekend is driving me nuts.I only webt swimming yesterday for an hour then had to go to bed for 3 hours.Sorry to go on but I feel so fed up. Hope all of you are having as good as day as possible xxxx
jennyd67
UKFM Newbie

Postby wizkid » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Living by the coast is a nightmare at bank holiday. Locals tend to stay at home. That's my excuse anyway. My body and brain doesn't feel like too great anyway. Humid weather really doesn't do me any favours. So I am ignoring the ironing, and just look at that dust! and put my computer on instead, time for a chat I think before I head towards the freezer, fish fingers for dinner :roll:
wizkid
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:34 am

I had a lovely day yesterday, having an early birthday lunch to celebrate my friends birthday. There were 4 of us. Had a lovely carvery, and lemon meringue pudding.
The plan was to have a wander about the shopping centre afterwards - I don't do shopping! lol Anyhoo, I managed 1 shop, and threw in the towel. My ankles and feet were awful swollen yesterday. Toes like chipolata sausages!
Still, I had a smashing wee day with the gals!

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Perfumeflower » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:39 pm

LindyM66 wrote:I had a lovely day yesterday, having an early birthday lunch to celebrate my friends birthday. There were 4 of us. Had a lovely carvery, and lemon meringue pudding.
The plan was to have a wander about the shopping centre afterwards - I don't do shopping! lol Anyhoo, I managed 1 shop, and threw in the towel. My ankles and feet were awful swollen yesterday. Toes like chipolata sausages!
Still, I had a smashing wee day with the gals!

Much Love
Lindy x

Hi Lindy :-)

Yes,I know exactly what you mean about the difficulty with shopping -especially walking round huge shopping complexes! If I do manage to go shopping with my two daughters,afterwards, it feels like I have gone the full 12 rounds with Frank Bruno! :crazy:

And like you I have a huge problem with my feet and ankles -they get puffy and swollen. My Rheumatologist says it is called oedema -which is yet another symptom of Fibro :roll:

I love the 'toes like chipolata sausages' bit! :lol:

Anyhow,glad you had a lovely day tho!

Laters x

perfumeflower x
Perfumeflower
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:15 pm

bank holiday? what bank holiday? lol the joys of living in Scotland mean it wasn't a bank holiday but had a good weekend any ways, my long suffering hubbie (33 years he would have got less for murder ) had a wee win on the horses so today we went and bought a new comfy mattress and then went to the local golf club for a carvery tea. now sat contemplating the thought of work tomorrow!
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia