A little achievement in the summer heat!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A little achievement in the summer heat!

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Hello :-)

As my regular readers know I blog about life with fibromyalgia. Recently I was invited to review a restaurant in London: http://clairescomfycorner.com/review/mac-wild/

It was worth bearing the heat on the tube as the food, atmosphere and staff were amazing. I haven't eaten in a restaurant in ages and it got me out of the house - I've been hibernating a little because I am so not made for this heat! Has anyone else had sweat pouring down your face? My make up just slid off! lol! I can just about cope with temperatures up to 25C but anything over that and I go into meltdown. I can't sleep - I had a few hours in 3 days! I don't go out! I just sit in front of the fan (and tv)! So for me to travel on the tube into London this week was quite an achievement in itself!

Thanks :flowers: to those who share my posts and help me to raise awareness about what it is like to live with fibro. You keep me going, especially as the last few months have been very challenging for me - stress, anxiety, depression and a really bad flare :( I am getting stronger each day :-D

hugs
Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: A little achievement in the summer heat!

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:15 am

Hi Claire,

Good for you! It's a great feeling when we achieve something - no matter what it is, it's the fact we done it! A bonus you had wonderful food after the journey.

One day at a time :-)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:11 am

Glad you had a nice time out.

Achievements give us something to feel proud about and I always fine your posts & blogs very inspiring.

Your chocolate chip cookies are on my to do list the next time I bake (just taken it up again).

As for the heat :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :fireman: :fireman: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:14 pm

Thank you ladies :-)

I hope you are having a low pain week!

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Jeyo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi Claire, I'm like you and can't bear the heat. I've had hot flushes with menopause and so relieved when that was over. 7 months later started having them again. Mentioned this to my GP and asked if hot flushes could start up again. Was told these hot flushes were yet another symptom of Fibromyalgia. Thankfully they don't happen very often. I too am constantly lay in front of a fan.
Jeyo
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:23 pm

Another symptom of fibro! I've not gone through menopause yet but if this is a taste of what's to come I am so not looking forward to it! I've been having a few showers a day to try and cool down. The fan is my friend too.

Hugs
Claire
xx
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia