Feeling really defeated

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling really defeated

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi guys,
A while ago i posted on here because i wanted to try and get myself into some kind of sleeping pattern, i thought it would help me with my mood and with my tiredness, and i wanted to gather the opinions of you all about if it works. I'm a good 6 weeks in to this and i am struggling so much. The alarm goes off between 10-10.30 and i am so tired i can barely function, i get up anyway but it is becoming harder and harder to keep this up. I thought with time this would get easier but, if anything, it's actually getting worse and i don't know if i am doing the right thing any more in forcing this upon myself.
My mental capacity is worse then ever (to be truthful i didn't think it could get much worse), i struggle to take things in/remember things and i am more clumsy then i have been in a while, my pain is increasing and i am so tired. I really thought this was going to help me. Admittedly i love having more time to myself but then i think i am to tired to enjoy it anyway or I'm asleep so what's the point?! I've also started craving caffine and sugary things, quick energy sources basically.
I just don't know what to do for the best now, i am 28 years old and i have nothing to give any more, I feel like I'm completely out of spoons to work with. What is the point of my life? I drag myself out of bed, do anything essential and then spend the next several days paying for it. Why? What's the point of it? Please don't think i am suicidal, I'm not, i just keep thinking this is not how my life is supposed to be. I've had fibro since i was 20 years old and before that i had bells palsy at 18 which caused me severe pain (even though they swore it shouldn't have) so basically I've been in pain a good third of my life and i am so damn tired of it all.
What should i do?
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling really defeated

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:57 am

Hi

I'm up at nearly 2am because I can't sleep so I can't offer you any real tips on sleeping as I'm an insomniac.

But I wanted to say hello :-)

Have you looked at reducing your hours at work, perhaps working part time would help? Are work supportive, they do have a duty of care towards you - fibro is covered under the 2010 equality act.

Or maybe taking some time off to look after yourself, you might need time to just relax, you sound exhausted. Do you have support at home?

Perhaps talk to your doctor, he or she might have other suggestions.

Please remember that you are not alone.

Hugs
Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling really defeated

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:49 am

Hi Butterfly,

Sorry to read you're having a tough time of it.

I can relate to the tiredness. Some days it hits me like a hammer! It's brutal. I've been like this for the last couple of days actually. Also very sore. My own fault I think, as my husband and I had a massive clearout at the weekend and 5 trips to the dump! I felt ok at the time - not so now.
I can also relate to the sugar craving. I can eat a whole packet of chocolate biscuits in the one go.
Unlike yourself and Claire, I don't have any problems sleeping. My head hits the pillow, and I'm out.
Might be an idea to have a chat with your GP about it all.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia