Misery

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Misery

Postby Charlie73 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Sorry, finding it really hard not to be a complete misery :(
I had my long awaited for urodynamic study last week, confirmed stress incontinence which I already knew. But also found that I'm in retention. I had 500mls in my bladder that I couldn't feel. Explains why I had pyelonephritis last summer. I've got to have surgery to fix the neck of the bladder and sphincter, but the other problem can't be fixed, told I have to start intermittent self catheterisation, 2-3 hourly to make sure my bladder is empty. Apparently there's either a problem with the muscles or nerves, or both.
Along with this pins and needles and loss of sensation in my fingertips, pain, exhaustion and profuse sweating, I'm feeling a bit scared of what's going to go wrong next. I've booked a eye test for a few weeks time, my vision feels like it's suddenly deteriorated.
I don't feel like I can go back to work, but also I can see how I can manage any kind of job at the moment :(
Charlie73
UKFM Member

Re: Misery

Postby Charlie73 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:18 pm

Typos. :oops: I'm such a numpty with my typing and texting at the mo!
Charlie73
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:32 am

Oh poor you, I'm sorry that you are going through all this.

Sending you a hug!

Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:52 am

Hi Charlie,

What a lousy time you're having! It can seem to be one thing after another, at times, which really can drag you down. So, it's OK to feel miserable, for a wee while - then, we do what we always do Charlie, we keep on, keeping on :-)
Every sh*tty times passes - it's just a b*gger at the time going through it.
Hang in there !

Big hug and much love being sent to you!
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia