having trouble feel like I'm back to square one!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

having trouble feel like I'm back to square one!

Postby dinosaur » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi all

I have just come out of a flare up, which was the worst i have ever had as it was that bad i was signed off work. But since the pain has subsided i just seem to all 24/7 whereas normally i get some breaks with it. my gp has upped my tablets but have said there isn't much else that can be done. i just feel like i have gone back to square one. i ache when sitting on most things except hard surfaces like right now i ache more on the sofa than i do sitting on the floor (where i am sitting to wright this) i also seem to ache whilst driving. i just don't know what else to do. any ideas?

Hannah
dinosaur
UKFM Newbie

Re: having trouble feel like I'm back to square one!

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi Hannah,

I recently bought myself a heated car seat, from ebay. The kind that just slips over the back of your seat and plugs into the lighter ( or power socket). It works an absolute treat. I get extremely painful butt cheeks ( don't laugh now ;-) ) and I have to drive alot for work. You should give it a go. I find heat in general helps me. The poundshops sell self adhesive heat pads - you get 2 in the box for a quid. The heat lasts all day. I used to stick these on the worst bits - butt cheeks included. Epsim salts ( a good 4 cups) in a bath, and soak for at least half an hour, really helps too.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: having trouble feel like I'm back to square one!

Postby dinosaur » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks for the reply Lindy, I may have to look into one and Epsom salts. I have used heat pads and wheat bags as well.
My biggest issue is just the not being able to get comfy, sitting is just uncomfortable. But so is standing work is an issue as I stand for most of the day and by the end of it I ache so much.
dinosaur
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia