End of the day

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

End of the day

Postby LittleFraggle » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi Everyone

I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I was wondering how people feel by the end of the day?

I have a really good day today, only small stiffness and pain, no bloating or sickness and been able to think well. Managed to stay at work for 7 hours. However as the day has gone on I'm now home and feel really stiff, pain in legs, back and sholder getting worse by the minute and the fatigue hitting me likeep I walked into a brick wall. Even writing this post is hard work. I don't know a lot about fibromyalgia yet but have read about pay back but didn't know if it hits you that fast?

Can others say if this happens to them?

Thank in advance for any advice or information given.
LittleFraggle
UKFM Newbie

Re: End of the day

Postby LindyM66 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi Littlefraggle

Yes, by the end of the day, I am well and truly gubbed. That fatigue hits you like a steam roller. It's brutal.
I'm still learning how to pace myself, and not overdo it when I feel good. The other weekend, hubby and I had a massive clearout - 5 trips to the tip! I was done in for the rest of that week!

It's a learning experience :-)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:49 am

That steam roller certainly gets around. When it hits there is nothing you can do but sit and rest. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:52 am

At the end of the day I'm so exhausted. The steam roller certainly hits here and my poor feet burn and it hurts so much. I have a foot bath that is heavenly :D

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LittleFraggle » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:56 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I'm having a bad day today and struggled to get around and have just wanted to sleep all afternoon.

Do you have more good or bad days?

I just feel like I'm always ill at the moment and the good days are outnumbered by the bad. I am newly diagnosed so I am hoping with time I can learn tI manage my symptoms better, please say that's how it's works?
LittleFraggle
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi LF,

With FM, some days it's up, and some days it's down. However, for me, since commencing on the Gabapentin and Tramadol, I have more good days than bad. I'm learning how FM affects me, and learning to pace myself. I think the important part is learning how it affects you, and tweeking your life style to suit, where you can.
I have no issue at all regarding taking medication. The way I see it, I take medication and have a quality of life, function and work full time -or don't take it, and sit on the couch hardly able to move, in horrific pain, and have my husband wipe my a*se, coz my arm won't move! It's not a difficult choice for me. The old chestnut " oh you don't want to be taking those tablets. You'll get addicted"! And your point is caller??? I have a chronic, life long, very painful condition. It's not going to go away. So its up to me to manage it the best I can, with help from meds. Either that-just put a bullet between my eyes!
Trial and error LF, to see what suits you.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia