Help... With my hair

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help... With my hair

Postby KatieDance » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi, I have never posted on a forum for anything before but I need some advice form some people that might know. I have been told by my doctors there is a possibility I might have fibro, having now researched it, it would certainly make sense given my symptoms. Bar the obvious horrid symptoms one thing that is bothering me hugely is hair loss and just general hair pain. It is as if my hair actually just hurts to be on my head. To wear it down it feels heavy and painful but to wear it up really pulls.... Does anyone have any advice??

I guess the other point I should add is that I am a dance teacher (yes, lets not even go there with what a firm diagnosis would mean about my job, which I am obviously struggling with at the moment) so I have to wear my hair up really, I've not been though as it is just too painful and I am worried that it being up will make even more of it fall out. Does anyone have any tips? And yes, I do realise I am concentrating on the trivial matters rather than the bigger ones as the others are just a bit too hard to face right now ! :) Thanks in advance for your help
KatieDance
UKFM Newbie

Re: Help... With my hair

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:17 pm

:welcome:

The pain you refer to is from the scalp. I too have scalp pain making it very painfull having my hair up.

I like indian head massage this may help.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia