PIP appeal

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP appeal

Postby galio » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:03 pm

well now exhausted after a stressful few days approaching my appeal today, but I was granted standard rate mobility. not much nbut better than the zilch I was convinced I would get. my support was hoping for higher mobility so that I could get an automatic car to help get be to work and out and about easier but it want to be. now need to get letter from DWP saying im defiantly getting it and local council say i can now ask for automatic blue badge rather than have to appeal their decision not to give me a discretionary one.wee pot at the end of the rainbow then. as for work i am really struggling and am probably going to get signed off again, i have already had 2 thursdays off (yip by thursday im knackered and can hardly get out of bed) but i have been off more than 6 months in the last 12 so will be automatically on half pay and dont know how long that will last, my disability adviser thinks i should push the council to retire me on health grounds. it was mentioned ina meeting with my line manager and HR rep while i was off earlier in the year, so may have to lok into it fully as I cannot keep this up its wreaking me and draining what little life with my husband I have.
galio
UKFM Member

Re: PIP appeal

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:53 pm

That is a wee pot at the end of the rainbow.

I'm sorry that you are exhausted :( How would you feel about taking early retirement?

Hugs
Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: PIP appeal

Postby galio » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:37 pm

hi Claire I have been wrestling with that idea for a good 6 months, i dont think we can manage just now if i stop working but I could only get pension if the council will give me retirement on ill health grounds because I am only part time the way they work it all out I cant take early retirement till im 60. I only have this week to get to the holidays and will be contacting the pension people to see what i would get if i do get pensioned off. I will also be asking the benefits agency about ESA if i cant work due to my health failing more. I have spent all weekend in bed or on the sofa, today was really bad but i have managed to stay awake since i got up at half 11. i have so many plans of what i want to do but end up mad at my body for not doing as i want, it has a mind of its own and just wont listen to me it wont even meet me in the middle just now lol
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia