Dealing with painful cystitis

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dealing with painful cystitis

Postby Roselil » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Dear friends, I have been dealing with this painful problem for 5 days, so far, and it has been the worst I have known. Have had cystitis many times in the past, but it has always responded to taking cornsilk as a tea, which is alkaline, but no help whatsoever this time. I am now taking Potassium citrate, but known it is only for mild cystitis and mine is terribly painful and strong. I read much about it on the Earth Clinic and are trying to put some of the suggestions into practice. I am disabled with fibromyalgia and have been for some 30 years, together with Myalgic Encephalomylitis. Therefore, I can only lay down, as it is too painful to sit. Has anyone else had this problem to cope with? If so, please tell me what has helped you. Thanks. sincerely Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Re: Dealing with painful cystitis

Postby jsjones21 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:16 pm

If you've had it for more than 3 days without it improving you may want to consider seeing your GP. Cranberry juice may help.
jsjones21
UKFM Newbie

Postby Roselil » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:50 pm

Thank you for responding, but cranberry does not suit me at all. I am still trying Cornsilk, and using creams, like Canestan, but no relief so far. Have sent for a trial pack of PH health, and doubled up on the acidophillis which I already take. Any other suggestions from any other sufferers? Thanks so much.
sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Postby scaboo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:48 pm

I have suffered from cystitis regularly for 10 years + and have tried everything the only things that help is cymalon powders ( they neuturlise urine) hot water bottle ,paracetamol hot bath ,drink plenty, rest and wait for it to pass if no change in 4 days see your GP if this is your first attack I would see GP anyway.
I also suffer from regular thrush as well and if you are sore underneath I can recommend extra virgin coconut oil and mix some drops of tea tree oil and apply or Vaseline and tea tree oil . Hope you feel better soon
scaboo
UKFM Newbie

Postby scaboo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:52 pm

If you have been suffering this long you must see your GP asap as it sounds like u have infection if you keep getting these utis talk to your doctor about a very low dose antibiotic for 3 months but the side affect of this may be thrush also may be worth getting your bloods checked for diabetes
scaboo
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi Roselil,

Sounds painful! It's not something I suffer from thankfully- but have experienced it in the past.
It really may be a good idea to speak with your GP. Sometimes, if our bladder doesn't empty fully, the "stagnant urine" can travel up our urethra and cause allsorts. Not that I'm saying that is what is causing your discomfort.
When you pass urine. Wait for a minute - do a little "rocky boat" whilst sitting to see if you can pass more urine. Do this a couple of times, to try and ensure your bladder is emptying as much as possible.
I hope the discomfort doesn't last 2 long.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia