awful cold feeling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

awful cold feeling

Postby LillyDiane » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:47 am

just wondering if anyone has an awful cold feeling in their buttocks or thighs etc, its a horrid feeling like your body feels like cold slabs of meat. it lasts for few hours then goes away. then returns.
I am due to see gp soon so will discuss then.
LillyDiane :fingerscrossed:
LillyDiane
UKFM Newbie

Re: awful cold feeling

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:44 am

Hi LillyDiane,

Yes, my butt cheeks and legs are always cold. I have peripheral vascular disease as well, so that doesn't help.
I bought a heated car seat from ebay for under a tenner - it's absolutely fabulous. So much so, I bought another one, and my husband cut the "lighter socket fitment" off and put a plug on it ( there's 2 wires), for use at home.
Would you believe, I have worn fleecy jammies and thermal socks even through the summer. I find that sometimes, the only way I can heat up, is to have a bath.
Then I have the other issues - flushing and sweating!
Can't win lol

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby LillyDiane » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I feel relieved its not just me feeling cold n certain areas its odd though as whilst those areas are cold I'm feeling rather hot elsewhere. You must think me very dumb, but what id the vascular disease you mentioned? Thank you, kindest wishes, LillyDiane
LillyDiane :fingerscrossed:
LillyDiane
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:30 pm

Hi LD,

Basically, it's very crappy circulation. My arteries are rubbish, and hardening - my dad to thank for that 1 :-) so I always feel cild as the blood isn't circulating properly, especially to extremeties ( toes, fingers) or skin surface.
I too find it difficult or nigh impossible to control my body temp. Freezing then flushing. Or flushing whilst my backside is still like a bloomin ice cube!
You're not alone :-)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia