Fibro, anxiety, gerd and bad back

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro, anxiety, gerd and bad back

Postby judipat » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi all
Struggling at the moment with all of the above, im in so much pain most of the time, I could just sit and cry. Main problem is my back which also causes severe pain in my left leg from hip/pelvis down to my knee. MRI showed two herniated discs plus osteoarthritis. I am waiting to see a neuro surgeon. I've recently started on gabapentin, also on sertraline, omeprozol and paracetamol and codeine 500/30. My anxiety is through the roof, which is causing all kinds of additional problems/pain, this in turn has caused my fibro to rear it's ugly head!! It just feels like one thing after another after another.
Im 58 years old and feel like 88!! I get so frustrated and angry that I can't do the things I want to do.
Sorry it's such a negative post, just had to get it out.
judipat
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro, anxiety, gerd and bad back

Postby Jeany » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:21 pm

I'm very much the same as yourself with pain, nerves and agoraphobia at the top of the list. Anxiety and stress make everything very much worse.

After battling this for many years I had my first session with a psychologist 2 days ago...don't switch off now as you have probably had Other therapies that were useless. This lady was lovely and didn't try tell me what to do OR that it was all in my head. New techniques are what she will base my treatment on, and after a lifetime of dealing with this alone I am now hopeful and determined to improve my life and health.

Ask to be referred, and by all means message me if you wish. Good luck.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia