voodoo doll

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: voodoo doll

Postby LindyM66 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:03 am

Hi Richard,

People' understanding of this condition varies. Most, just don't " get it". I used to get upset by the lack of empathy and understanding shown by people. Then I got annoyed by it. Now, I don't give 2 stuffs what other people think, or don't think.
We are the ones who know what we are capable of at any given time. We are the ones who can take care of ourselves like no one else can. And we are the ones who end up bloody crippled when we force ourselves to do things, to avoid being thought of as lazy etc, or to avoid the comments of ignorant people. Thing is Richard, these people don't have to suffer the consequences, we do.
Pay them no mind. You do what you can, with what you have, at any given time.
Self caring is necessary, not optional. But how we respond to these fools, is most definitely optional. Don't let anyone make you feel bad Richard.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: voodoo doll

Postby LindyM66 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi Richard,

Please forgive me if my post came across as a "kick in the butt" - I truly didn't intend it that way. I was trying to say, " stuff what other people think". No matter what we do, or don't do, someone will always have an opinion. They don't have to live with the symptoms of FM.
My balance is awful at times too - I look drunk! I use a crutch and that helps to prevent me staggering. If I could sing, I'd look the part of someone staggering home frim the pub :-)
Take each day as it comes Richard. I find it helps not to think too far ahead.
(Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I didn't mean to)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia