Exhaustion

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Exhaustion

Postby Leighqt » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:57 am

I feel I have been sleeping non stop, and still feel like crap, totally knackered, is this part of a flair up, I'm newly diagnosed?

Thanks
Leighqt
UKFM Newbie

Re: Exhaustion

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi,

It could be. If you have no virus or infection then it does sound like a flare.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby michelle watson » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed last November after suffering for nearly 10 years with aching bones and pins and needles in my left arm.
What I am really struggling with at the moment is sleep deprivation, I can fall over ok but seem to only sleep for 2 hours. I am asking for help with relaxation technics or if anyone has any ideas, as the doctor has told me to come off my sleeping pills.

any help would me much appreciated. :sleep: :sleep:
thanking you all in advance
michelle
michelle watson
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

I have the same problem. I manage to fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow, but waken every couple of hours. Leaves you feeling as if you haven't slept at all, when you get up in the morning. I usually wake between 5/6 and can't lie longer.
Blooming brutal!

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:38 pm

I’ve also recently been suffering with exhaustion; I’ve been going to bed very early this weekend so that I have the energy for work the next day. It could be a flare or it could be the weather, some of my friends are also tired. One of my friends says that yoga helps her but that’s not for me. I’m trying to pace myself and relax when I can. I’m also trying to drink more water so that I feel hydrated. x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Maggie53 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:47 pm

I heard an article on the radio about sleep (actually nothing to do with fibromyalgia but thought it interesting) and apparently it is quite normal to wake up around four or five times a night, something to do with our primitive ancestors waking to check for dangers, anyway the problem is if you then do not go back to sleep!
Maggie53
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:36 pm

LindyM66 wrote:I have the same problem. I manage to fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow, but waken every couple of hours. Leaves you feeling as if you haven't slept at all, when you get up in the morning. I usually wake between 5/6 and can't lie longer.
Blooming brutal!

Much Love
Lindy x

I think many of us have this problem, then feel like a Zombie for the rest of the day. If you fall asleep during the day your sleep pattern in the night is heavily disrupted. The trick is not to lie down during the day which might result in nodding off. Easier said than done!
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:21 am

Hi Perseus

Yes, I think it's a very common complaint. I often feel as if I've hit a brick wall, around 2 in the afternoon - not good when you work full time. I could literally curl up in a corner and snooze, but luckily, I can get up and go for a walk around the college and TRY and wake myself up.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia