Struggling to cope at the moment

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Struggling to cope at the moment

Postby smoky » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Up to now I have always been able to cope with my diagnosis largely because my symptoms were very mild and so I could pretend I was fine. The last few months though, mostly due to stress at work, my symptoms have worsened. My hands are continually sore, I am sleeping badly, am more stiff again and then in September my eyes began to drop out of focus on a regular basis and tonight I have suddenly developed an itchy rash all over...

To help with the pain I have now got opium (I live in France) because apart from Tramadol nothing was working and I fall over on Tramadol! and then my doc decided to register me long term sick.... hard when I hadn't really accepted I was ill.

Unsurprisingly I am becoming depressed again. Anyway I know we are all I'll and I haven'the posted in ages but just need to offload...
smoky
UKFM Member

Re: Struggling to cope at the moment

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi Smoky,

Sorry to read you're going through a tough time. Hopefully, it will lessen.
Regarding your work, do they know about your condition? Have they made reasonable adjustments to assist you?
I manage to bob along most days, with the help of tramadol and gabapentin. Without them, I'm like the Tinman from The Wizard of Oz, and can hardly move.

I truly hope you find something to ease your pain, Smoky. It's so wearing when you're in pain 24/7 and the lack of sleep doesn't help.

Give yourself some TLC.

Much love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: Struggling to cope at the moment

Postby smoky » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi
My work do know about the condition and I have an amazing immediate boss -however the owners are idiots and ever since the occasion health doc insisted I could adjust my working week to suit my needs, including working from home one day a week, they have been awful. I went to the doc today and the rash is stress related, so I am off until next week until it calms. I hope this will give me a chance to reboot a little before next week

Thank you for your kind reply :-D
smoky
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia