Sex Drive

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sex Drive

Postby katybaby411 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi all,

This ones for the ladies mostly..

I'm used to my fibro symptoms especially the fatigue but i've never had such a loss in my sex drive. I'm in a very healthy relationship and am still very much attracted to my boyfriend but I haven't once thought about sex, nor do I have the desire to have it, in the last two months. Only when I started my pill for the month did my hormones spike and I wanted to. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be connected to fibro? I hope the desire comes back soon... i'd rather sleep and cuddle at the moment. :cry:
katybaby411
UKFM Newbie

Re: Sex Drive

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:57 am

Hi Katy

I would hazard a guess and say that sex would be the last thing on our minds, when in pain, or feeling exhausted.
It could be the fibro affecting it, but you mentioned that when you started taking your pill, it increased. Maybe get your hormone levels checked. Can't do any harm :-)

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: Sex Drive

Postby Niiixxxxx » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:15 pm

I'm in exactly the same position as you; I'm wondering if it's the fibromyalgia and fatigue or if it's a side effect coming from the drugs?

I'm on pregabalin, co-codomol and a few others but I couldn't seem to find anything in the listed side effects. I'm considering asking the doctor about this and whether it can be related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Niiixxxxx
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia