Bad Flare

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bad Flare

Postby LittleFraggle » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:34 pm

I was wondering how bad people get when you flare?

I have been in so much pain in my bones and muscles I'm struggling to move or walk. I need help to get up and dressed. GP has just given me some oramorph with my gabapentin, zapain and naproxen just so I can move. Had to have the last few days off work and my family and husband are helping me look after our 4 year old son. I feel so useless at the moment, I feel a huge burden on them all, but I pysically and mentally can't do much. I'm a fighter and I fight everyday. This is the worse flare I have ever had.

I feel so crippled, lost and alone. I feel like it's never gong to end. How do you all keep fighting?
LittleFraggle
UKFM Newbie

Re: Bad Flare

Postby AliAndy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:55 pm

Hello Little Fraggle. I am surprised you are functioning at all on all those meds. I have had times when I have been in the bad place you are but those times thankfully are not often now. I have started taking Vitamin B complex and stopped eating processed good, I cannot begin to describe the difference, I feel almost human. Give the Vitamin B complex a try - nothing to lose. Gentle hugs, I hope things start to get better soon xx
AliAndy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Bad Flare

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:55 am

Hi LF

When you have a bad flare, it does bring you down. Thank god they pass ( eventually).
I'm similar to yourself when I have one - I have widespread pain, and I can hardly move. I also take Gabapentin, with Tramadol. The cocodamol didn't help me. I have no issues taking it at all - it allows me to function. Without the meds, I'm goosed. If something works(helps) use it. Trial and error with different things, such as diet/vitamins, as AliAndy said in their post. I never eat processed food, take vitamin D, but haven't found that to make much difference. I may give the Vitb a go.

It's so different for everyone, and yet so similar. What works for one, doesn't work for another.

Hope the flare b*ggers off soon.
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia