Fingers and toes

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fingers and toes

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:00 am

Hi guys,
I am struggling so much with my hands and feet this year, every winter I can't warm them up but this year is the worst yet. I had to go out today and, although still cold, it wasn't as cold as it has been. My hands and feet have been near impossible to warm up, I was literally under my electric blanket turned up to max from the moment I got home and it took over 2 hours for them to warm up.

As well as this my fingers and toes are so damn painful, my toes feel like they are in a vice grip and my fingers are so stiff and painful I'm struggling to type or use them at all. It's like I tell them to bend and they hardly obey at all, certainly not very quickly. I almost feel like I'm wearing thick rubber gloves, odd as it sounds.

Also don't know if this is connected but my elbows have been hurting today. My left one from my inner elbow down to my fingers, this has also caused my skin to become highly sensitive and feel like someone is dragging nails over it. My right elbow is not as bad but causing some discomfort.

Does anyone else get this? What is it?

Gentle hug xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Fingers and toes

Postby smoky » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:10 pm

Oh yes - I have terrible problems with my hands in the cold - they have been really bad this year - stiff and sore every day and on bad days just as you describe sore all the way up my arms ... just holding the steering wheel in the car on cold mornings can promt so much pain I am in tears
smoky
UKFM Member

Re: Fingers and toes

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi smoky,
Thank you for your reply, I'm very sorry to hear you struggle so much. The vibration from the car is hurting me terribly at the moment, I haven't felt this bad in a long time. I hope things improve for you.

Take care xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia