chest pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

chest pain

Postby animeemo3 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:51 am

I've got no idea what I did, but I've had the absolute worst right-sided chest pain for a few days now. It's affecting everything. My only source of daily relief used to be lying in bed but I can't do that anymore because of my chest. It's so painful, it literally stops me being able to breathe in or out fully. I feel like my body is trapping me more and more each day. How do you get people to understand your pain when they can't see it?
animeemo3
UKFM Member

Re: chest pain

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Have you been diagnosed with costochondritis? a very commen associated fibro condition http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Tietzes-sy ... ction.aspx if not I would see your GP to rule this out.

I would also see GP anyways if you have not just to be safe and rule anything else out.

People dont understand the pain unless they have had it to. I find trying to discribe chronic pain so dificault. I also have alot of chest pain and stiffness that restricts my breathing. GP prescribes me an inhalor which helps.

I also have regular physio whom works around the rib cage and chest wall to help the stiffness.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia