New Year Flare Up

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New Year Flare Up

Postby Rachellouise » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:37 am

Bit late but happy new year to everyone,

I've been in a flare up since the new year and I'm at the point where noting is working I'm tired but can't sleep my energy is zero. Think this post is going to turn into a rant!

The pain is extreme I have no idea what to do now.

The best thing too is that people that have nothing wrong with them complain about the littlest thing like their knee or hand or neck but with in a few hours after they take painkillers they feel better.

Then when you mention how you feel they are stomped as to how they should act, and what they should say.

The best line is when they say they know how we feel! Lol yeah ok and then they say if you need anything just let them know! Lol yeah translates in to I'm going to leave you alone until you feel better.

I also fell down the stairs in my house I don't remember falling but managed to phone my relative for help. Was in A&E for a few hours but no broken bones.

I spoke to the doctor and he has referred me to someone at the hospital because the symptoms I had before have gotten worse like I seem to just stare into nothing.

I have been having more migraines at one point I had 3 in 1 week,
The doctor also wants to make sure there is nothing going off in my brain that could have caused the fall.

I just wanna scream that I can't cope but then I feel like a failure,

I hardly see my family they all drive but I don't hear a word from them. My partner does his best for me.

What do I do, I'm on medications but things just seem to be getting me down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rachellouise
UKFM Member

Re: New Year Flare Up

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi RL

It's awful when nothing seems to ease the pain. It really grinds you down.
I totally get what you say about those who make flippant comments such as " I know how you feel". Really???
I used to get really annoyed at people who are in my life, either family, friends or work colleagues, who chose to remain ignorant about FM. It's ignorance about a condition that allows them to make these comments because they have no clue what you struggle with every day. These days, I just say Im fine, and don't get into conversations about my health, as it just makes me want to slap them and say " FFS go and read up about FM before you open your mouth".
It can be a lonely illness, as we may not be able to do what we used to, and I've also discovered I have super powers - invisability! I am invisable to some, who were my friends. Or so I thought.

Stay strong, even when you feel weak.

Much love and a big hug.
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: New Year Flare Up

Postby Rachellouise » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Hey thanks for you're reply I'm slowly learning again it's rubbish xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rachellouise
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia