Clicking jaw

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Clicking jaw

Postby botty » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi I have problem with clicking and jaw cracking for some years but for quite a few years now it's not been to bad
Since last year it's got worse it flares up with cold and stressing have fibromyalgia and arthritis was on x ray years ago on the jaw
Anyone else suffer with this complaint
botty
UKFM Newbie

Re: Clicking jaw

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:52 pm

I have really bad TMJ my main symptoms is clenching making the muscles seize, jaw lock up and tighten muscles. Its that bad that even with a mouthguard from dentist im breaking and chipping my teeth resulting in dental treatement each month. Dentist reckons I'll probably end up with no teeth if it carries on! :yikes:

Clicking and popping is another TMJ symptom. To do with the jaw joint although I sure your well away of that. I found Indian head Massage good for TMJ.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Clicking jaw

Postby pad all » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Yes I have had clicking left jaw on and off for years. Recently it caused a lot of pain and so I went to a therapist who put it back in. This only made things worse for a week and I could not eat on that side. O e mor ing I yawned and it clicked out. Much better at least I can eat now. I have TMJ and also get a lot of tingling in my face and lips since developing fibromyalgia.
pad all
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia