What do i do?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What do i do?

Postby jennie1204 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:03 pm

I have recently moved from England to Northern Ireland to live with my partner.

It has only been a few weeks and I have started a new job which I love but I feel very unsettled and anxious about being away from my home town, my health professionals that know me and my support network. My partner is great but I can't put all the strain on him.

I am crying every day and the feeling of emptiness and misery is getting worse by the day, I just dream about being home where I feel comfortable with people who know me and my illness.

should I go home to stable my condition and make me happy again? and risk losing my partner.
jennie1204
UKFM Newbie

Re: What do i do?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:45 pm

:welcome: Jennie

I would try to speak with your patner before you make any rash decisions. The anxiety is wanting you to flee the situation because of the fear of the unknown. Back home you had everything in place. You can still work on the same thing where you are now although it will take time. It whether or not you are able to cope within this time frame. I do feel chatting with your partner about your fears will help.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: What do i do?

Postby judipat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi
I agree with Lisa, I think you are getting anxious which is entirely understandable.
I would perhaps give yourself a time limit, maybe 6 months and in that time, make sure you see a gp that you feel comfortable with, also see if you can find a fibro group or someone you can connect with. Once you start to gather a support network, im sure you will feel better. If after 6 months you still feel the same, then at least you can say you tried.
Good luck
judipat
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia