Terrible itching

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Terrible itching

Postby reb1981 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:52 pm

I am having a bad flare up at the moment. I can't stop itching, my skin is burning, i thought it was because I was hot, dehydrated,not mosturised enough, or we had changes washing powder but no all checked off and all ok. I can only lay on my back as the pressure on other parts of my body is incredibly painful....is itching and burning a symptom of fibri, if so what can I do....please help I can't sleep....
reb1981
UKFM Member

Re: Terrible itching

Postby madvixen » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:12 pm

I get this too, it's so bad sometimes that I will scratch until I bleed and blister. I currently have scabs on the backs of my hands and my forehead from where I was really bad last week. For me, it's always a precursor to a bad flare. The only thing I have found that helps is cold water on the affected area.
madvixen
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:47 pm

I too itch all over. I have a scratcher upstairs and downstairs. I even have a small one for my handbag!

Hugs
Claire
X
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Niiixxxxx » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 am

I've been having this and wondering if it was fibromyalgia related. Try an antihistamine, cold press or anti-itching ointment and fingers crossed that would at least help a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Niiixxxxx
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dubstop » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 pm

I also have this, I thought it was a side effect of the Morphine though. I find antihistamines help, also an emollient called double base

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Dubstop
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Something that's probably reduced my itching lately is having cooler baths, although my GP prescribed an emollient for me as well.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia