pain between spine and shoulderblade on right

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain between spine and shoulderblade on right

Postby maria26 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 am

Have recently been dx with fibro and need advice. My Drs have not been much help. Does anyone experience pain as above, I have had this pain in this area since Jan 1st. Saw my Dr said probable scapular burstitis and it will just go, well it has not. Had cts, ultrasounds abdo pelvis etc so it is NOT my gallbladder. Last US was Tuesday. It does feel muscular but also burns feels tender and certain movements make it worse. My rheumy says its all part of fibro. Is this true. I feel the people who have this are the best persons to answer.
Also does anyone find their fibro causes a shortness of breath sensation as if the air is sticking in solar plexus. I realise anxiety also causes this and with all my other symptoms I certainly have that.
Any advice for a nervous newbie
maria26
UKFM Newbie

Re: pain between spine and shoulderblade on right

Postby Gadef » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:48 am

Hi, I've been diagnosed now for coming up to 2 years. I have exactly the same problem. I was also diagnosed with PMR as well as Fibro at the time, but the shoulder pain and breathlessness I get most of the time and my rheum consultant did say I could have a steroid inj if I wanted, but I am refraining! Even walking is a problem now, with the breathlessness and it's all about pacing yourself and extra painkillers. Even on good days my pain is around 2/3 on the scale. X
Gadef
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Have they ruled out frozen shoulder?

Also a related condition called Costochondritis can cause alot of both of your symptoms. I suffered with this really badly and experienced alot of the same symptoms as you both.

Symptoms of Costochondritis are (in my case)

Severe pain around the shoulder & neck like having bricks hanging from you, tight chest and breathing difficaulties. Pain around the rib cage.

I was told that fibro can mimick that of costochondritis as it affects all the muscles in the body including the rib cage/sternum and front chest wall (which is what i get) My GP diagnosed Costochondritis but other health professionals will put symptoms down as a connection to fibro.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:24 am

Costochondritis. And it is blooming painful! Usually lasts for 2 weeks with me. I find that heat eases it greatly.
If you are in any doubt, visit your GP.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby maria26 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Thank you everyone for replying. I googled costo but it says pain in front as it is the area where ribs join sternum. I have no pain there mine is all upper right back between spine shoulderblade. So can still be costo?
maria26
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Yea as in my case the pain radiates.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia