Stiff shoulders anyone else have the same

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stiff shoulders anyone else have the same

Postby chippy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:29 am

Hi Its my first post here and i was wondering if anyone else sufffers from very stiff shoulders as i suffer bad pain when lifting my arms up and also very stiff painfull neck and pain across the top of my back across the shoulder blades anyone else have the same
chippy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Stiff shoulders anyone else have the same

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:04 am

Yes I experience that to. It also goes into my arms causing quite a bit of pain and burning. I do find running the shower as hot as I can soothing. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Gadef » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 am

Hi! Yes, I've always had the same problem with my shoulders, and one side worse than the other. I was told certain exercises in the morning would help loosen it, and hot showers on the affected area eases it for a while, but it always returns and worsen throughout the day again. Meds and painkillers do help take the edge off it for me, however everyone is different, and what helps one may not help another, it's trial and error, unfortunately .... So .... Good luck! X
Gadef
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Very much so. The FM for me is usually concentrated in the upper back/neck shoulder area. The neck sometimes goes into a cramp spasm. Perhaps it's exacerbated by tensing up when stressed.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:43 am

Hi Chippy,

Oh indeed I do. Shoulders, arms, neck - sometimes I feel like someone is sitting on my shoulders. I have those little heat pads you put in the microwave-they help somewhat.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Bobby16 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 pm

Yes it's difficult getting coats, Jackets on and off. Everything seems such a struggle.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Postby nicolabishopx » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:09 pm

I do, a lot. It's one of my biggest symptoms. Warm baths/showers help take the edge off x
nicolabishopx
UKFM Newbie

Postby bwlgirl33 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:11 pm

chippy wrote:Hi Its my first post here and i was wondering if anyone else sufffers from very stiff shoulders as i suffer bad pain when lifting my arms up and also very stiff painfull neck and pain across the top of my back across the shoulder blades anyone else have the same
Hi chippy I have the same doc did an x-ray got the results loss of cervical curve which can apparently be common with fibro...worth checking out

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
bwlgirl33
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia