Chills and nausea

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chills and nausea

Postby tintagel » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:51 pm

My fibromyalgia has worsened considerably over the past few months (not helped I'm sure by the tragic death of my 28 year old son last March) . I have began having, frequently, severe chills and nausea. A whole barage of blood tests have come back clear and I believe it must be yet another symptom of the worsening fibro. My Gp says he's never heard of it as a fibro symptom, but he's hardly heard of Fibro though, like most Gps. Does anyone else suffer from this? And any tips for treating it? It makes me feel awful. Thankyou.
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: Chills and nausea

Postby banana » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Tintagel, firstly I know there is nothing anyone can say to make it better, but I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am not sure if it related to fibro, but I have dealt with spells of nausea for as long as I can remember. Each of us has different triggers, but stress is a big one for me and my symptoms definitely got much worse a year and a half ago after loosing both my grandad's in the space of a couple of weeks. I won't pretend that I know what you are going through, but just remember to be kind to yourself- it has only been a year. Have you considered any talking therapies? I attended sessions with a grief counsellor, which I was incredibly nervous and dubious about, but it did help to have someone impartial to vent to. As for the nausea, I tend to carry round extra strong mints, sparkling water and heartburn relief tablets- it doesn't stop it from happening but it makes it easier to ignore. Many hugs and all the best! x
banana
UKFM Member

Re: Chills and nausea

Postby galio » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:12 pm

so sorry for your loss, i lost my daugher 3 years ago just before her 27th birthday, I had fibro before her death but fought through it to nurse her. I often get nausea usually as a first indicator of being tired! i also get quite shaky feeling with it sometimes, almost an internal tremor then the hot flushes start! be kind to yourself there is no time limit on grief and yes that may well have made fibro worse, hope it settles, I was thinking recently that mine was getting better but after looking after mum when she got the flu io realised that it hadn't i had just got better at pacing!sending big hugs
galio
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia