Plasma Viscosity Test

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Plasma Viscosity Test

Postby tigerlily72 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:17 pm

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where to post it. I'm showing quite a few of the symptoms for fibromyalgia and had a blood test a couple of days ago. The Dr wanted to check for inflammation, thyroid and blood sugar levels as I'm also a type 2 diet controlled diabetic.

Anyway, the receptionist said my plasma viscosity was "border line" and I asked if there was a figure - it was 1.76. All other functions - liver, thyroid were normal and my fasting blood sugar result was 5.0 which I'm pleased about.

Does anyone know what the 1.76 means? Will I need more tests? I do have an appointment with the Dr tomorrow but I'm wondering where I go from here as it's not getting any better. I was in a lot of pain and completely exhausted on Monday. I have no idea how I'm somehow managing to do my job. But, I do know that I'm almost at my wits end!

Thank you.
tigerlily72
UKFM Newbie

Re: Plasma Viscosity Test

Postby perseus » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 pm

tigerlily72 There is an explanation here, along with reference ranges.

http://www.gloshospitals.nhs.uk/en/Ward ... Viscosity/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia