Still waiting

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Still waiting

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:25 am

Hi All

Not been around mucb the last couple of weeks. I had to take sick leave from work. I fell in the kitchen, and couldn't get back up. Ian, my husband, was at work (nightshift). I had to do a (rather impressive actually) commando crawl, over the floor to the dining chair, and managed to get myself up -after a fashion! Anyhoo, I went to work the rest of that week. Apart from being a bit sore where I hit the deck, I wasn't too bad. I didn't lose my balance, feel faint - nowt. My legs just stopped but my body didn't, and I face planked the floor.
However, I have been getting, what I can only describe as electric shocks, without the actual shock, sensations, from my feet, right up my legs. I went back to the GP, and he basically said, there's nothing more he can do, until I see the neurologist. He advised me to call the referral management people, which I did, and they advised me that I had been on the waiting list for 13 weeks, and was looking at another 3 month wait - at least. So I informed the GP of this, and I'm assuming that he's writing to them again, as a matter of urgency.
I had to take 2 weeks off work as my mobility has been dreadful. I'm like a drunken bum! Bashing into everything. And my pain has increased like billy oh!
My departmental manager has been supportive, and told me not to rush back ( due back next Tuesday). He had no idea that I'd fallen, or that " things had been as difficult" for me - as my line manager hasapparently not been informing him fully
The job I do requires alot of driving, and I'm in and out various care facilities and peoples homes. My thoughts at present are, WTF if I fall in any of these places? I'm usually quite upbeat, and use alot of humour, bit if I'm being truthful, this fall has knocked my confidence a bit. The GP has said he thinks it may be something more than fibro - MS! So my mind is filled with allsorts at present.
As Arnie says "I'll be back"

Much Love to you all
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: Still waiting

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi Lindy

Hope your recovering after your fall, I had a fall the other day, forgot someone had washed the floor and I flew like superman :shock: My knee took more of the impact as was protecting my back and must have gone down on my knees that way :crazy: felt battered and bruised for a few days but luckily no harm done!!

I hope you can get to see the consultant quickly to find out whats going on. I hate the waiting game. Im waiting on an Orthapedics appointment. Luckily only an 8week wait, in fact could have been a few weeks earlier but couldnt get the transport but probably like you Iv been suffering for many months, had 2 MRI's and now another 2 month wait.

Think its the worry also of what there going to say and waiting inbetween with symptoms is very stressfull.

I wonder if you have a walking aid to assist you and prevent falls? If not maybe a thought as it could help with balance and symptoms in feet/knees.

Good luck
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi Lisa

I use a crutch when out of the house. I didnt seem to feel off balance, nor dizzy. My legs just seemed to stop bur my bodt kept going, and wallop! Hit the deck with a bang.
Make!s u kinda wary doesnt it.
I have THE fatigue from hell just now. Im exhausted with every little thing. I slept on and off all day today, and just cozied into bed.
If I dont feel any better by next week, it's doubtful I'll manage back to work.

Hole everyone gets some restful sleep. Please god! I can't cope without sleep.

Nidge- I meant to put his on your post, have you tried a slide sheet in bed. I have one as I was really struggling to turn round. Great thing!

Nite nite folks
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:23 am

I see your concerns Lindy :(

You take care & rest up :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Thank you, Lisa.

I've bought one of those Medipens. Should arrive next week. Cartridges are bloomin expensive, but if it helps with the pain, it'll be worth it.
Keep you posted.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:16 pm

I know some people on the medipen who have had good results so :fingerscrossed:
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia