Why so clumsy!?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Why so clumsy!?

Postby banana » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Hi! I have always been a bit accident prone to say the least, but recently I have been so clumsy my boyfriend has told me he is worried I am hurting myself on purpose! These last couple of weeks I have burnt myself so many times, sliced through my thumb, fallen over, walked into things, spilt boiling water all over myself and dropped/ thrown things for no apparent reason! Earlier I watched my other half fry a burger and take it off the heat and the first thing I did was lean on the hot stove for support. Such an idiot. If you have any tales of clumsiness, please share so I don't feel so bad :-P
banana
UKFM Member

Re: Why so clumsy!?

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 am

Hi banana

Yes, also done all of the above. Poured boiling water into the basin, but forgot to take my hand out first! I stoat into door frames, furniture, bash my head on anything in " bashable" reach,
When driving, I dont do anything dangerous, but can end up going around a roundabout a fair few times til I remember where the hell I'm going.
My husband says he's going to get me a GPS tag lol

I believe it's part and parcel of the lovely FM fog! I used to get so frustrated. I hated it, as it made me feel stupid. Now, I laugh at it.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby NaomiHelen » Tue May 02, 2017 11:43 am

I am exactly the same!!! This morning I decided to hook my dogs lead on my crutch that was supporting all my weight, he then pulled and boom we are all in a pile on the floor! I have called out of my chair this morning trying to reach something too [SEE-NO-EVIL MONKEY]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NaomiHelen
UKFM Member

Postby Eian Mcneely » Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 pm

My FM journey went similar, banged my head, walk into things. It is difficult to had my family realize its not on purpose...but i don't feel bad about it eiither
Eian Mcneely
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia