[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - weakness

weakness

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weakness

Postby reb1981 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:58 am

Hello I have fibro and at the moment I think I am having a flare up. I am so tired and in so much pain all over my body. But my problem is weakness in my hands. I can lift heavy pans, I can't cut my food. I am at work and it's hard to write. My wrists are painful too. I was thinking of calling the doctors to see if they could do anything. Any advise would be great and helpful. Also is this part of fibro
reb1981
UKFM Member

Re: weakness

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm

If it’s a new symptom that’s causing problems with daily activities then yes I would see your GP anyways even if it’s just to rule out anything else that maybe going on. They then can advise what’s best for you wether it be fibro or not.

Weakness can come on as a symptom especially if your using those muscles repetitively. The muscles in fibro can weaken due to the pain and over using the muscles.

My advice would be to first of check to make sure nothing else is going on and if it’s fibro to look at how much your using those muscles which are being affected and try to lesson activities just for a short period of time to see if it helps.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: weakness

Postby alison_j » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:29 am

alison_j
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia