vivid dreams

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

vivid dreams

Postby lizbet » Wed May 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Does anyone else have very crazy and vivid dreams? I dont sleep well at all during the night but what little sleep I get is taken up with such mad and vivid dreams that I always remember them for days after. Even if I fall asleep on the sofa while reading the paper I'l have a dream and I may have only nodded off for 10 minutes. I know it sounds mad because you apparantley have several stages of sleep before you get to the dreaming stage but I seem to skip all those and jump straight to the dreaming bit' :crazy: :wave:
lizbet
UKFM Member

Re: vivid dreams

Postby gillshutt » Thu May 28, 2009 7:48 am

I think a lot of us get this.. we seem to wake a lot so remember what we are dreamin much more than 'normals'
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby luuluu » Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm

I get this and sometimes the dream stays with me through the day like I can still see it in my head :crazy: lol, its ok when its a nice dream but invariable I have nightmares so not so nice :roll: I also get that thing where you think you're awake but you can't move and I can even see the room but am unable to speak or move a muscle. I know there's a name for it but I can't remember what it it......fog has descended :| Its an awful feeling and I always try to shake my head to wake myself up which is really hard to do :|

luuluu :hugs:
xxxxx
what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi

Every night i have nightmares & vivid dreams....

I find medication hightens it especially the Amis's & Nortriptyline
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Thu May 28, 2009 1:38 pm

a while back i was on a chemo drug, it gave me nightmares every night, i had to stop them in the end, they were giving me migraines as well, but it was scary.
This morning i woke, got out of bed and went to open the window, on the floor was my top pillow, how the hell it got there i will never know, i was wondering if i was having a dream and threw it at something... :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sleepysheep » Thu May 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Yes with Fm it means we don't sleep properly, most people get into a deep restful sleep and recover energy but we don't do that we stay in active sleep hence why we remember our dreams and wake up lots. Or as my neurologist Mr Llewellyn put it "I sleep like a butchers dog" :shock:
sleepysheep
UKFM Newbie

Postby unigirl1981 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:05 pm

i think my dreans seem so vivid because i am "half and half" a lot and everything seems real. i dreampt last night my niece had died and i woke up crying and still believing it was real. i put my arms round my OH in bed and told him i was "so sorry" he mumbled "why?" and i told him annabel had died!!!!!!!! he woke up with a start then realised i had gone back to sleep and it wasnt real.

B****y Fbromaylgia, even my dreans are affected hahahaha! it is scary though, i can be living in a dream world after getting up to go to the loo and coming back to bed. i also sleep walk which doesnt help, i havent done that in a ling time though - as a child i once boiled the kettle whilst asleep!!
Just because you have to park in a blue bay doesn't make you any less of a person!

I am the Chair of Doncaster and District Fibromyalgia Support Group; working with FMAUK and loving it.
unigirl1981
UKFM Member

Postby Gracie » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:29 pm

hi all

Thank god im not the only one with this problem. Been having for a while and it is very unpleasant the worst was the other nite when i went to sleep ok but thought i had woke up but i couldnt mover or speak and was trying to call for my partner but couldnt, i finally woke up and went to get him to tell him what happened and after a cuppa and ciggie i felt a bit better and after looking into it its called sleep paraylis a very unpleasant experience thankfully it hasnt happened since but still having very vivd dreams and i wake my partner up screaming and shouting and saying the strangest things to him in my sleep thankfully he thinks its hilarious.

Gracie :hugs:
Gracie
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:40 pm

HI, i dream of Ant and Dec when i take amitriptyline! :dunno:

but when i dont take em, i dream, i dream that i either cant walk and im struggling to do so, or i cant talk and get myself heard, i always dream of the not walking to, or i stand up and fall down, think this is due to fear for my future, but the not talking one, was my first, had like sick balls in my mouth i have to take out, and still couldnt talk.

as im drifting off to sleep, i think i stop breathing, cause all of a sudden i get some sort a gasp, and my throat aches, only happened a couple of times, and i lie there then thinking what happend,

some dreams are worrying and think we fear for our future.

Dee
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:46 am

hello all :grouphug:
yes me to have horrid dreams, the one last night was a plain exploding in the air above me :shock: but no sound an no fire just breaking in to pieces in the sky :dunno:
my horrid dreams started about 2 years ago but i put them down to stress as i was nursing my mom through a brain tumour i lost her last year :cry:
also had the ones that you can not move :yikes:
am wondering if the plain one is because i am going on holiday at end of month an i am a little worried about it . (can i stay awake for the journey, the heat wen we get there,, or i fall real ill out of uk ) hope you are all well today xx
loubie x :grouphug:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby armanisgirl » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Luckily I don't often have vivid dreams, but when I do, they are awful. I think sometimes I'm too exhausted to have any energy left to dream! It takes me ages to get to sleep, regardless of how tired I am or what time I go to bed, and can lie there for 2 hours or so. A lot of the time I think my mind is too active when I go to bed; I'm finally getting to relax my aching body, but suddenly my mind kicks into overdrive. Hopefull get back on some meds within next couple of weeks, which might help relax me pre-bed.
armanisgirl
UKFM Member

Postby vikki1975 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Oh Yes yes yes!!!!

All the flippin time, Ive slept alot today and ive woken about 3/4 times and each time ive remembered my dreams and thenwhen ive gone back to sleep they,ve sort of carried on and if the tv or kids are about things that are said join onto my dreams. mad isnt it!!!!!.

Thankgod like some others i dont have nightmares.

Sleep well guys

Vikki
vikki1975
UKFM Member

Postby fibrofighter » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:03 am

I had the scariest dream ever the other night. My husband was working nights so was in alone with my 3 boys. Had some random meaningless dream as usual but then suddenly i was on a bike and my mobile phone rang, as i picked it up someone (or something) shouted in a horrid voice GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW!!!, Omg it jolted me awake and i was terrified something was going to happen. Needless to say i remained awake for the rest of the night :-(. However since i have been diagnosed 3 weeks ago i keep dreaming about my beloved grandma who died 7 yrs ago, she just sits and smiles at me, has given me great comfort :-)
R.I.P Grandma your in my heart forever xx
fibrofighter
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:16 am

I read somewhere that if you're really really really tired (like not got any sleep the night before) when you do finally nod off you get to REM sleep then dreaming way quicker than normal. From experience this does happen sometimes and dreams can be a bit more vivid.

But normally my dreams aren't vivid at all and I don't dream much.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Woollydog » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:00 pm

So I'm not going mad!

I was recently diagnosed at 60 with FM and it answered a lot of questions, but oh boy, is it a steep learning curve. I have been having vivid dreams on and off most of my life, but much more now. I have them every night, they are rarely nice, usually bad or stressful, and they are different to the ones I used to have, in that they are usually related to present situations. We are moving and that seems to crop up, featuring present-aged family members, but also my mum, who died 20 years ago, how she was before got Alzheimer's.

I feel I'm awake for half of the dream, and it continues to a point where I can finally hear myself speaking to someone, so I say 'It's a dream, stoopid' to myself and then I'm properly awake. I have to sit up and go on Pinterest or something to stop me going straight back into it, but when I finally sleep again, I get an hour or two and then off I go again. In three of the last four nights, I've had two hours a night max, with a lot of dreams.

I have been coming off my Mirtazapine anti depressants after 5 years, as I don't feel depressed now, despite everything. I am now on the last few 10mg tablets, and the dreams and lack of sleep have got much worse during this time, so I'm wondering if that could be the reason. I really can't go on like this.
Woollydog
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia