One to show the non believer's

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: One to show the non believer's

Postby sammi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:24 am

Hya , this is a brill post. Ive had this post printed off for a while now and i take it to all my apptments. If any one asks me what FMS is i just give them it to look at.(which more oftem than not they ask what FMS is!!!) I even took it to my pathways interview at the jobcentre, because the young girl who was in her early 20"s just looked at me gone out when i said i had FMS. So i give it to her to read. Ive a few printed off and i keep them in a plastic holder. Its great to have this as i dont know about any one else but i just get irritated now when asked what is FMS. Because no one seems to know what it is. they may have heard of it or friend of a friend might have FMS but noone seems to know anything about it! Its the only bit of orginisation i have regarding FMS everything else in my life just seems all upside down and in a muddle :shock: :shock: :hugs: sammi :D
The happiest people dont necesarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes their way.......
sammi
UKFM Member

Postby angela masson » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:24 pm

That trulely was an excellent article to read, you could not have explained it better of you tried.

This forum is making such a good difference to me as not many folk understand, so i try not to talk about it to family as i feel they roll their eyes as though i bore them.

A Huge Thankyou Angela xx :wave: :wave:
angela masson
UKFM Member

Postby welshmel » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:35 am

even tho i am still waiting to be diagnosed this describes me down to a T :D im printing it out to show my teenage children who often call me "lazy" if i need an afternoon nap and who tease me constantly calling me an old granny ! they love me really! :oops: :grouphug:
welshmel
UKFM Member

Postby petrene » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 pm

This is so true, and just makes things so much easier to try and explain to family/Dr/work.

I was turned down for ESA and I am meeting with a welfare rights officer who is going to help me with my appeal, so it was just great to find this, I am sure this will be used many times for all of us suffers to try and explain how we feel.

I have had real bad 4 months, unable to move my right arm and get no sleep for the pain, waitng on an MRI Scan, and in the meantime will be getting steriod injections, but of course have all the many additional symptoms as well, never really knowing from one day to the next what the or where the pain will be each day. So I would like to thank you for this wonderful insight into our lives. Well Done. :grouphug:
petrene
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:17 pm

petrene wrote:This is so true, and just makes things so much easier to try and explain to family/Dr/work.

I was turned down for ESA and I am meeting with a welfare rights officer who is going to help me with my appeal, so it was just great to find this, I am sure this will be used many times for all of us suffers to try and explain how we feel.

I have had real bad 4 months, unable to move my right arm and get no sleep for the pain, waitng on an MRI Scan, and in the meantime will be getting steriod injections, but of course have all the many additional symptoms as well, never really knowing from one day to the next what the or where the pain will be each day. So I would like to thank you for this wonderful insight into our lives. Well Done. :grouphug:

Hope you feel better soon.

Glad this post is helping lots of you explain our illness better, and proving" its not all in our heads"
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Wacky Racky » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:30 am

What can i say that actually says it all and should be kept at the top for everyone to read !!!
Very well written and explains things perfectly x x x
Wacky Racky
UKFM Member

Postby millie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:36 pm

:wave: hi everyone im a newbie,i have been reading a lot of your posts,this one really touched home,i am waiting for my appt with a reuamatoligist (sorry about spelling)blood tests say i havnt got athritis,and i say well how am in so much pain and feel so ill as if i have a bad bout of flu and not just one part is in pain,im all in pain,docs dont know,so hopefully rt will be able to help or diagnose what i have. :lol:
millie
UKFM Newbie

Postby Fibrodee » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:39 pm

This is brilliant Just what I've been looking for, cannot wait to show my friends and family. Maybe I'll find that little more support and understanding. :)

Dee
Fibrodee
UKFM Member

Postby Sophiex » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:40 am

This is such a fantastic thread, I have been reading it over and over.
Thank you for sharing it.
Sophiex
UKFM Member

Postby Ningette » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Absolutely fantastic!!! I have copied this and printed it for my other half. Also sent it to my 2 cousins who also suffer with FMS!!

Thank you so much for posting it!

Emma
xxxx :hugs:
Ningette
UKFM Newbie

Postby mama.in.pain » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:49 pm

hello I am new here and only joined today but your post sums me up completely..

hanks fir helping me feel I am not alone as I have had symptoms for around 3 years and got diagnosed on uesday 29th September 2009

Many thanks

and Hi

mandy
x
mama.in.pain
UKFM Newbie

Postby zaneylaney » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi i am a new member and i think that sums up fibro quite well :)
zaneylaney
UKFM Newbie

Postby nor123 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:09 pm

BRILLIANT. nor123x
nor123
UKFM Member

Postby kimmiicustard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:56 pm

i have recently returned after trying to cope for so long and this made me realise i am not alone xx thank you so much for explaining what i cant ..how i feel xx
kimmiicustard
UKFM Member

Postby fedup » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:31 pm

this rings so true that it made me cry! im going to send this to all my family and work colleagues! thank youx
fedup
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia