One to show the non believer's

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: One to show the non believer's

Postby Daisysp8 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:13 pm

I cried too ... its such a relief to read something i could have written, that feels as though it seen through my eyes, to know that i`m not alone ...... !!

Thankyou .... I know i`m not a prolific poster but i`d be lost with out this forum :hugs:
Daisysp8
UKFM Member

Postby JimS » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Fantastic I am going to print of a copy to take with me to the docs tomorrow.

Who knows I might even have FM even though they say they don't know whats wrong with me or I am making it up :)
JimS
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Good luck at the docs Jim. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Angel777 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Thank you so much for this , I have sent it to so many people and the reaction has been quite amazing , they are stunned most of them to silence!! I am finding that the one train of thought , 'Its all in the head etc' which most people seem to think it is, are now realising what exactly we are experiencing every day of our lives.
I use to be an holistic therapist so Shaz i have distributed it to all the therapists I know so they can understand the people that come to them for treatment etc. with fibro

It is just brilliant Shaz thank you. When I see my Gp as he is new to me , I will take it along .

Angel
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks Angel.
Its good to hear that so many people have found this post a big help. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby crackersgem » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:34 pm

This is a perfect way of explaining. Is there any way i could send the page by e-mail? thanks. :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
crackersgem
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:36 pm

I know you could copy & paste it?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jacjac » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 pm

This is one of those letters that you cannot do without. One that you can carry around instead of trying to explain your symptoms and getting frustrated and exhausted while you do. You can just let them read this and allow them a small insite into your condition.

jacjac :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
jacjac
UKFM Member

Postby Nola7 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Im just going to agree with everyone else, Its just something I could have written and its amazing how much it explains what I go through everyday. I showed it to my boyfriend this morning, because I think he struggles to understand sometimes, I might print out a copy too to show people at work. Thanks for sharing x
Nola7
UKFM Member

Postby Miss sleepy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:30 am

Perfect description. I feel like sending it as an all staff email before I return to work as I've had some awful comments before being signed off.
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:20 pm

what an excellent description of just how fibro can be - think i'll also print out some copies to let people read when they either just dont understand, or try to understand but dont quite get it xxx
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Pepsi67 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm quite new here but would would just like to say a great big thanks for this and how I now feel relieved that i'm not alone :) After a visit to the orthopaedic depatment today with my back pain I was led to believe i'm a malingerer! The consultant did all these pods and pokes; bending my back, legs, knees etc (which I obviously couldn't really do because of the pain) and then sent me for an X Ray. The only thing I can say that was positive was that I had pain to the touch on both sides on the lower back area which I now know are two of the points for FMS.

He said that's it's probably nerves but there's nothing structurally wrong with the bones in my back and my discs are fine and it's probably due to me carrying some excess weight (maybe I am but didn't think at 5 ft 8 " tall and approx. 11 stone that I was that bad), being scared to use it and not enough exercise !!!

Was there for an hour and 20 minutes and when I got home had a warm drink and cried myself to sleep.

Feel better now coming on here and reading this but even though i've had a good few hours sleep i'm still shattered.

I'm going to print this off and take it to my Doctor. Also have an MRI scan tomorrow but hope that experience is more positive than the one I had today :wave:
Pepsi67
UKFM Member

Postby Sasha » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm

wow, although i have not been diagnosed with FM this is EXACTLY how i feel. I am gonna bookmark this so that if someone does not understand the way i am i will show them it ! Thanks shazq ! :clap:
Sasha
UKFM Member

Postby Jacquieg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:45 am

I'm a newbie as of yesterday. Thank you so much for posting this as I have believed for so long that my pains must be in my head. I have copied and pasted it to word to print out and keep.
Jacquieg
UKFM Newbie

Postby KateXXXXXX » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:56 am

I am going to put this on my LJ page (with full attribution). It says what I'm feeling today... And every day!

My DH is a sweetie, and so is my son (the Giant Mutant Ninja Teenager), but this will help them understand a bit more...
Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
KateXXXXXX
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia