[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - One to show the non believer's

One to show the non believer's

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: One to show the non believer's

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:48 pm

There's no problem with printing it up teenie, quite a few have done that with it and used it help explain things to various peoples :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby andycrazy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Wow I wish I had seen this earlier. I makes it easier to show people what I am like - that I'm not lazy when I stay in bed some days, or taking the mickey when I cant remember names or what I have said.
andycrazy
UKFM Member

Postby sw51 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:29 pm

I know this was written a long time ago - but wow I was in tears by the time I finished reading - I've got chronic back problems and also recently been diagnosed with FMS - I think I'm still in denial - my first grand-child is due in 2 weeks - I need to find new work - and I so often feel like no-one understands how I feel - and why should they? my sister is having a life and death battle with breast cancer for the second time - hers is so real - mine just feels so difficult to explain by comparison - and I feel guilty that I feel so sorry for myself when I think of what she is going through and how she meets it all head on with such Positive Mental Attitude

Thank you - it does help to see it written out like that - and also makes me realise I'm not alone - because atm - I feel very much so :(
sw51
UKFM Newbie

Postby annyhern » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:53 am

That is fantastic, actually made me cry, but in a good way. It puts into words everything that I can't, thankyou thank you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using
annyhern
UKFM Newbie

Postby tammybl » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:37 pm

cant belive it this says everything ive been trying to say to people for the last ten months apart from good days dont think ive had one off them yet fingers crossed i do. my printer best look out cuz i think this is going into every family members christmas card and all thouse supposed friends who have told me to suck it up and get on with it cuz it cant be that bad :-)
tammybl
UKFM Newbie

Postby wolfwitch » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:22 pm

That is perfect. I've sent it to my folks so they have a better understanding why I was unable to visit today. It wasn't just my agoraphobia kicking in, but, my body letting me down as well.
wolfwitch
UKFM Newbie

Postby AllisonC » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:41 am

Thank you so much for writing this I shall show it to anyone who makes me feel like our condition is not real, and sadly there have been a few. Not that I would want anyone to have this awful illness but it so nice to know that this forum is here and that there are others like me and we are not suffering alone.

Sent from my iPhone using
AllisonC
UKFM Newbie

Postby Rosesfour » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:18 pm

So much of what you said rang true with me.i have friends who have dropped away,a neighbour who is annoyed because I said would call round,but I ended up in bed for whole afternoon.i have today had to do 3 days washing up,that makes me feel ashamed,just couldn't do it.so worried about going back to work.new year everyone seems positive and I just want to moan,which drives people away.so give me your best tips,I know I can do it.
Rosesfour
UKFM Newbie

Postby beryl23 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:29 am

I've never read anything so truthful as to the way I am/have been feeling for a while. I would love for the doctors that I see,have seen, to read this. Thankyou for helping me to realise that my pain is not all in my head, and that it is real. Just simply THANKYOU again that I'm not alone in this, and a big THANKYOU for this site, that has been very beneficial to me since I joined . With respect. you are a breath of fresh air to me ...xx
beryl23
UKFM Newbie

Postby lizzie's mummy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:16 pm

this had me in tears at just how much i can relate to this thank you so much x :sick:
lizzie's mummy
UKFM Newbie

Postby pjgilston » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi shazq your words were so accurate to how my life is that I copied your words and inserted my details as if it was my life I was talking about. I posted a status on my Facebook page copying your words I hope you don't mind I will write at bottom of it where I first saw words so you get the credit for the lovley peace. Sorry fir any hassle I may have caused. Paul
pjgilston
UKFM Newbie

Postby praline » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:05 pm

I just read the post from start to finish and feel like its me. People just don't always understand even when they nod sympathetically, I think I will print this too and carry with me.
Waiting for official diagnosis but it all makes sense now..its not in my head..it was always real..
praline
UKFM Member

Postby jenfitzy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 pm

That is an amazing description, I would love to print it out and make people read it :welldone:
jenfitzy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Shaz, who wrote this, hasn't been on here with us for quite a long time :( :( :( When she was, and anyone asked about printing it up to show people and share, she was more than happy to say yes. All that she asked was that, esp if someone wanted to post/share it on other sites, there was an acknowledgement to her writing it, and the site where it had come from as there have been a number of people try to claim it as their own work over time.

Altho we're currently without her, whenever anyone asks about using it, we say yes, as well as asking for the same acknowledgement to be used for sharing it on other places.

It can really help non~FMers understand a little more about the condition and the daily round of cruddiness that we juggle with.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby spartanhero » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 pm

u know thtas exactly it, but no one gets it, the medical practitioner is the only one, she spotted it , but the other docs , zip, and the neurologist pooh pooh me all together, its a nightmare, sleeping is torture, getting up to work the same, the thought of another 9 hour shift on my feet struggling to get through it is killing me, I'm at the end of my tether, if there was a quick way to sleep and not wake up I would , its nuts my missus thinks its all in my head and doesn't get it, even the bit about the choc , my god how true, its all so relevant, but it needs to end Ive had enough.tonight its very dark, sometimes not so, but I would welcome a release,
spartanhero
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia