One to show the non believer's

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: One to show the non believer's

Postby spartanhero » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 pm

u know thtas exactly it, but no one gets it, the medical practitioner is the only one, she spotted it , but the other docs , zip, and the neurologist pooh pooh me all together, its a nightmare, sleeping is torture, getting up to work the same, the thought of another 9 hour shift on my feet struggling to get through it is killing me, I'm at the end of my tether, if there was a quick way to sleep and not wake up I would , its nuts my missus thinks its all in my head and doesn't get it, even the bit about the choc , my god how true, its all so relevant, but it needs to end Ive had enough.tonight its very dark, sometimes not so, but I would welcome a release,
spartanhero
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:10 am

Firstly :welcome: to the forum spartanhero and secondly have you thought about letting your wife read this, maybe it would help her to see that there are a lot of us out there suffering with this condition. This forum only caters for a small percentage.

A lot of us get those thought were we wish it would just stop, but who knows what tomorrow will bring, we are here to offer you support during those dark days and nights and hopefully we will be able to offer you some advice on things that may make your life more bearable. Have you thought about changing your docs to a more understanding practice maybe, or asking to be sent on a pain management course. They tend to use a multidisciplinary approach which you might find helpful

But just know you arent alone and we do understand, only to well sometimes :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby anitamason » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am

I have just joined the fibro group...and it is such a good feeling to know that I am not alone....I have rheumetoid arthritis and for years I have been treated for that...but I kept feeling really ill and eventually I was diagnosed with chronic fibro...the symptons that people have written about is exactly like mine...there are days when I just cannot move....because I live in Spain people think that I should be okay because of the weather...but in fact the high humidity levels and the very hot weather only seems to make the symptons even worse...I have been put on so much medication that I truely don't think anything is doing any good....I feel for all those suffering with fibro...xxx
anitamason
UKFM Newbie

Postby Spaced out » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm

[/list] thank you so much I couldn't have put this better myself it explains every thing, I have none believers at work only two of them, I wish I could get them to understand as I am having a relapse at the moment and needed to arrange to go part time for me, much to their disapproval. But after reading what I just read it's there problem not mine so thankyoux
Spaced out
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi Anitamason and :welcome: to the forum, maybe pop over to the 'where to say hello' board and introduce yourself and I hope we can give you support when you need it :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mummatez » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:17 am

Thank you so much for this. I showed my OH last night and he nearly cried. The last few months and weeks have been a major learning curve for him too and things like this really help him.
I've copied it into a word doc too so I can print it off and show family and friends who don't understand or haven't even heard of Fibro.
Your all amazing.
Mummatez
xxx
mummatez
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:22 am

All credit goes the Shazq who wrote this and shares it with anyone who wants it all we ask is that if you repost it you give Shazq the credit and recognition she deserves :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby spartanhero » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 pm

to denys thank u for your kind words, ive treid with the missus , she doesnt get and yet she see can see the amount of pills i take,to get through the day and nite tonite isnt too bad, i dont want to sleep and not wake , but maybee just get some good sleep
spartanhero
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Unfortunately some partners dont want to see, it makes it all to real and so if they shut their eyes we appear to be just as we were :( :( :( I hope you get some decent sleep and wake up to a bright day tomorrow :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ursabella » Sat May 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Thank you so much for this! I appreciate all the effort and time you've taken to write all this.I hope you're having a peaceful day. xx
:cat1:
ursabella
UKFM Newbie

Postby dcr » Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 pm

What an honest, endearing post. You could be describing me.
dcr
UKFM Newbie

Postby iblinkin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi shazq, excellant post and thank you for that! I would love to give this to my GP but he would just yell at me and tell me i have FMS and to take more pills. Cheers to all and i hope you can have the best day you can. Gentle hugs to all.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Jacky55 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:02 am

Thankyou so much Shazq, you were able to put into words everything that I have struggled to explain to people for years. I am going to copy this and let others, if they can be bothered , read it. You're a star. :flowers:
Jacky55
UKFM Member

Postby Vickielstorey » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Thanku reading that. I wish I could copy it and give it to all none believers we fight every day to be believed it's not in our heads xx
Vickielstorey
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Vickielstorey wrote:Thanku reading that. I wish I could copy it and give it to all none believers we fight every day to be believed it's not in our heads xx

You can copy it Vickie, quite a few have done just that and used it to help explain how things can be for them. Whenever anyone asked Shaz about using it/printing it up, all she would ask is that there is an acknowledgement as to who wrote it and where you had found it made, and that's something we've carried on doing too.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia