weak legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weak legs

Postby Tapestry » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:09 pm

:wave: to all,
Ive not long been diagnosed with FM and I have very shaky weak legs, is this normal?
Lorraine.
Thanx to all for my :welcome:
Tapestry
UKFM Newbie

Re: weak legs

Postby Ange » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:54 pm

Bi-lateral leg weakness....I've got that....

I thought it was down to the Hypothyroidism I have, and have been making my GPs life a misery re the thyroxine.....but seeing your post, I see I have to think again and leave the poor lad alone...lol...:)

Ang x
Never drive faster than your Angels can fly.
Ange
UKFM Member

Postby deborah123 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:18 am

hi lorriane.i too suffer from very weak legs..in past month iv dropped to the ground twice as legs just gone so weak they cudnt hold me anymore.im only 8half stone but feels like my body is to heavey most days for my legs to carry.i went to tescos yesterday by myself.i usualy try to go with my teenage daughter as shes great and wont let me carry anything as she knows im so sore.but as she was at school i needed to go and by time i got to the till i felt i was gona colaspe! on was to car carring 4 bags my arms and legs felt that weak i had a tear in me eye and when i got into car i ended up crying...awful feeling like ur a weak 90 yr old when realy 40..so frustrating :grouphug:
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby Ange » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 pm

I have the bulk of my shopping delivered now....and only go for light stuff. Even then, I always go to the local Sainsburys, cos the staff know what I'm like and will help me if I need them to. Also, I know exactly where everything is, so just go to certain isles to get what I need. There's no way I could think of going all round a supermarket now, and even when I've been I'm in a pretty sad state when I get back.

Even small slopes are a no go area for me....I cannot even start to get up even the slightest hill or slope....cos my legs won't do it.

Ang x
Never drive faster than your Angels can fly.
Ange
UKFM Member

Postby Tapestry » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:22 pm

:D Thanx everyone for replies,
I think i will just have to keep pacing myself and planning my day. It is sad though when u are only 40 and have to live your life like this.This is the bit I dont cope with .Glad to have your support.
Lorraine
Tapestry
UKFM Newbie

Postby smiler22 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 pm

im only just turned 30 hun an dive had weak legs all my life. so to get this fibro on topis horrible. i hate it. but ive had to come top terms with it and get on with my life as i wont let fibro stop me. ive had to give up work. but i try to get out an dlive. i now have a wheelchair delivered recently and then i have to use a scooter occasionally to.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Has anyone ever checked you out for myofascial trigger points (it would have to be a specially trained physio or massage therapist usually as very few doctors can do a physical exam for them!). TrPs can cause a lot of leg weakness in Fibromites.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby dollydaydream » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Not so much weak legs, but knee's buckling and Patella Maltracking - count me in!

xxx
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:17 am

linz i have had twelve years of intensive physio due to another prob that has been diagnosed with me since birth. so it is only right that the fibro in my case will also affect my legs. but no ive never had the othre thing you mentioned tested for etc. but they have always said that the problem i was born with will cause my probs with walking anyway. just now i have the fibro it is worse.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Daisysp8 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:11 pm

Just read this thread and sobbed my heart out .... reality sucks !!!! :(

Yeah my legs are getting worse, i get a really weird feeling go through them (like electricity?) and they feel like they`re going to go .... I`ve also fallen a couple of times as unless i lean against something really quickly or sit down, my legs just won`t take my weight. Its happened twice in this last week, sometimes the feeling literally makes me yelp out as its such a horrid feeling. It happened at school this morning when i was dropping my boy off, and i had all the mums making a huge fuss, i hate it .... i`m 29 and feel like i`m 90 ... I just kept telling them i was fine, but now they all want to know whats wrong with me, i`d managed to keep it from them and just be another "normal" mum ... but now everyones asking if i`m ok and telling me i should go to the doctors :(

I`ve had my diagnosis of Fibro, and been told there`s nothing they can do, i`ve taken the amitripilyne they gave me and its awful, so i`m back on paracetamol and diclofenac, but that doesn`t stop the leg thing.

I rang the doctors this morning and made an appointment as i was worried as the leg thing is happening more often, but now i know its just more crappy fibro ...... **sad** !!

Thankyou for putting this thread up, now i don`t feel so alone x
Daisysp8
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 am

Just because it's Fibro related, does NOT mean nothing can be done!
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi Daisy
I have had a few falls, lucky for me i was at home.
I have to use a walking stick now, ok i dont like to and i hate the feeling of people looking at me but if it stops me from falling then its a good thing.
Have you a stick you can use while you are out of the house?
Good luck at the GP`S. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pandaeyes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:48 pm

This last week I have had very shaky/wobbly legs. My head has also been extremely fuzzy !! Its the first time with the leg thing normally its the week ankles that just give way.
I feel like I`ve been on the tiles all night and drunk too much (I wish lol) My sleep is very poor at the moment and I feel like I am trying to struggle through toffee by day.
God i hope this passes soon :shock:
Pandaeyes
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:09 am

Thank god im not alone!

I've suffered with weak legs for years, and my hubby bought me two mobility scooters, one for the road and one for the car, before them, i said i'd rather die before i ue one, i was in my early thirties.
my sister who has one, me and our families went out for a day, my sister needed to walk for a bit, so i used the scooter, low and behold, no-one took no notice of me, and i felt more energized when sister wanted it back.
So, i decided, as i was litterly housebound, wouldnt go to the shops, i will get one, and two came along, they have been a god send.

Especially these couple of months, my legs have weakened, i know i need to loose weight, bout 3 stone be good. if it wasnt for the scooters i'd be housebound again.

I've even treated myself to a pair of purple crutches!

Worth you trying sticks, or use the shops mobility scooter if they have one, check out your local mobility shop - thats it, shopmobility, it's about £1 a day hire i think, you need to register with them.

:grouphug:
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby red dragon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:08 pm

i to suffer with week legs,and use a wheel chair when i go to asda or around town dont let it get you down just tryyour best :P
red dragon
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia