weak legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: weak legs

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:14 am

You have to have a physio with experience of Fibro patients, otherwise they almost always push too hard to start with. That doesn't mean that physiotherapy itself can't help you - at the end of the day, it's really about identifying problems with how you move and then teaching you stretches and exercises to help correct those problems.

Unfortunately, myofascial release is rarely available in any form on the NHS, as the NHS won't employ massage therapists and physios who bother to get the post-graduate training in myofascial issues are more likely to be found in the private sector.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Jull » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:47 am

The conditions of leg weakness might be the indicators for other issues which could be fatal and life-threatening. In case, you are caught up with such symptoms as below, it is recommended to immediately seek professional medical attention.
And I have some effective methods to strengthen weak legs for you:
Massage is an effective method for promoting nutrient circulation toward weak muscles. Thus it can efficiently alleviate swelling and inflammation as well as pain. In addition, it can help get rid of stress and anxiety.
You can use essential oil like coconut oil, tea tree oil,... to massage for the better result.
- there are exercises you should do such as resistance hamstring curls, resistance band knee extension, adductor squeeze, hip abduction side lying, lunges, Swiss ball squats, hamstring strengthening, straight leg raise, quad press and heel slide. Practice one of these exercises for 3 to 4 times per week and you will need to stop in case those exercises make you incur pain.
- A herb called horsetail is great at building strength for muscles as well. You just need to take a teaspoon of fresh herb into some boiling water. After steeping for 5 minutes, have it strained and add some honey before consuming for couples of time per day. Please note that do not apply this remedy for more than 2 weeks per treatment period.
Every thing you need to know about strengthening weak legs is here https://authorityremedies.com/how-to-st ... weak-legs/ I believe. Hope it helps you :)
Jull
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi Jull,

Thanks for the information. You may not get a response as the member posted this back in 2010.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Jull » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:23 am

*Lisa* wrote:Hi Jull,

Thanks for the information. You may not get a response as the member posted this back in 2010.

Oh yes thanks for letting me know this :p Honestly I didn't notice the time.. :D
so sorry :(
Jull
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Jull wrote:
*Lisa* wrote:Hi Jull,

Oh yes thanks for letting me know this :p Honestly I didn't notice the time.. :D
so sorry :(

No worries :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia